Disaster & Risk Management Course
20th-24th Jan 2020
24th-28th Feb 2020
23rd-27th Mar 2020
20th-24th Apr 2020
25th-29th May 2020
22nd-26th June 2020
27th-31st July 2020
24th-28th Aug 2020
21st-25th Sept 2020
26th-30th Oct 2020
23rd-27th Nov 2020
14th-18th Dec 2020
The increasing impacts and magnitude of disasters because of factors which include climate change, fast urbanization along with other human reasons, disaster risk management must be deeply embedded in organizational structures and culture. This training on disaster and risk management explores disaster risk management principles and methods applying practical examples at international as much as family level.
The target of this program is providing participant not merely with a sound theoretical and conceptual knowledge of DRM but additionally takes you throughout the practical application of the idea and methods in settings that are different.
Who Can Attend?
The target audiences are people and practitioners who want to get a profession in catastrophe risk management at international and national level. This includes disaster risk management professionals, development practitioners, federal officials, policymakers, specialists, specialists and researchers of academic institutions and training, NGO reps, humanitarian as well as community leaders, who're thinking about getting the essential understanding of linkages and DRM to renewable development challenges.
Module one: Disaster Risk Management Scope
• international, national and regional
• Community based catastrophe risk management
• Understanding Disaster Risk Reduction
Module two: DRM processes
• Information management devices for DRM
• Understanding risk
• Risk analysis process
• Hazard mapping and also ranking
• Vulnerability plus capacity analysis
• Implementing and developing Standard Operation Procedures
Module three: Disaster Risk Management planning
• Types as well as Scope of DRM plans
• Contingency Planning
• Early warning systems
• Plan Activation as well as review
Module four: Disaster response systems as well as practices
• International response systems
• National Response structures
• Incident Command Centre
• Assessment preparation as well as implementation
• Resource mobilization for response
Module five: Development and Disaster
• Disaster risk control and project planning
• Livelihoods and resilience
• Mainstreaming DRR into development
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]