GIS For Disaster Risk Management
17 -21 Jan 2022
14th-18th Feb 2022
14th-18th Mar 2022
23rd-27th May 2022
18th-22nd July 2022
22nd-26th Aug 2022
19th-23rd Sept 2022
14th-18th Nov 2022
19th-23rd Dec 2022
A fast increase in vulnerability of communities exposed to dangerous events is being caused by urbanization and rapid population growth coupled with extreme climatic events. As an outcome, disasters are frequently taking a massive toll on property and life. Development both in non-urban and urban locations calls for the integration of satisfactory steps to lower the effect of disasters. There's increased demand for risk-informed decision making in planning for good coping systems for catastrophe risk reduction. This course on GIS for disaster risk management is going to create considerable awareness of all the disaster management Professionals about the benefits of GIS usage.
• Utilize GIS & remote sensing in catastrophe danger assessment and management;
• Utilize historical disaster info and components at risk data;
• Apply GIS in hazard, risk and vulnerability assessment;
• Employ risk info in emergency preparedness planning;
• Visualize hazard &chance info; and also
• Apply GIS to post-disaster assessment of damage
Who Can Attend?
The program is open to everyone that is working or maybe will be operating in the groups where spatial info is used and where it is deemed to be utilized for the goal of catastrophe chance managing, disaster management, and reduction of disaster risk. There's no requirement GIS knowhow for a participant who's enthusiastic about this particular program.
Module one: Terminologies of catastrophe management
• Terminologies of catastrophe management
• GIS as well as remote sensing
• Handling spatial info
Module two: Post Disaster Impact and Damage Analysis
• utilization of satellite imagery for recovery and disaster relief
• Impact analysis and also preliminary damage assessment
• Building damage assessment
Module three: Pre Disaster Risk Assessment
• Hazard Assessment
• Elements vulnerable and also vulnerability assessment
• Types as well as approaches of risk evaluation, risk evaluation, cost-benefit
Module four: Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
• Risk evaluation
• Visualization of risk info
• Risk spatial planning and information
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]