Flood Disaster Management In A Changing Climate Course
17th -21st Jan 2022
14th-18th Feb 2022
14th-18th Mar 2022
23rd-27th May 2022
18th-22nd July 2022
22nd-26th Aug 2022
19th-23rd Sept 2022
14th-18th Nov 2022
19th-23rd Dec 2022
Each year across the world, floods result in the loss of lives and considerable damage to properties, which seriously sets back the improvement process. The climate shift, global warming, socio-economic disparity, and rapid urbanization are making the world, weak to hordes. The requirement to fight the perennial issue of floods and resultant damage continues to be a forefront worry for many nations, which needs a proactive approach to starting a disaster risk reduction routine for sustainable and safer development.
• Discuss characteristics of flood danger in a changing climate
• Evaluate the scope of flood danger and vulnerability and look at the capability to effect
• Develop comprehensive methods for flood risk management inside a changing climate
• Apply climate wise structural and nonstructural methods for flood risk mitigation
• Develop response and preparedness plans for highly effective flood risk reduction
• Integrate flood recovery plans with flood risk management methods
• Address cross-cutting problems in flood risk management
Who Can Attend?
Participation of decision makers, elected and also appointed local and national administrators, growth and preparation authorities, water engineers as well as flood control experts, officials in citified planning, public works, housing, and water source & control is particularly encouraged. The program will furthermore help private ground developers, crisis response personnel, UN along with other international agencies, and NGOs working on disaster mitigation.
Module one: Introduction
• Terminologies in catastrophe risk management
• Hydrometeorological hazards, their predictability, and formation
• Flood disaster
• Natural catastrophes occurrence
Module two: Impending Flood and Climate Change Risk
• global warming and climate change
• Interventions under difficult situations of climate change
• Developing finding option and climate outlook/scenario for adaptation to local weather change
Module three: Flood Risk Assessment
• Principles and factors of flood assessment
• The process of flood vulnerability and also capacities assessment
• The process of flood chance assessment
• Community-based flood risk assessment
Module four: Flood Risk Mitigation
• Flood managing for flood risk mitigation
• Tools for flood program management
• Climate-wise structural interventions
• Flood proofing in a multi-hazard environment
• Integrated watershed control in a changing climate
• Urban as well as rural development preparation for flood risk reduction
• Public awareness as well as capacity developing for flood risk reduction
Module five: Flood Disaster Preparedness as well as Response Planning Process
• Flood catastrophe preparedness framework
• Flood Contingency Planning Process
• Flood forecasting plus early warning systems
• Flood emergency management
• Flood evacuation process
• Flood search as well as rescue
Module six: Flood Recovery Planning & Implementation
• Planning & implementation
• Flood damage and also need assessment
• Sustainable recovery programs
MODULE seven: Crosscutting Issues
• Economics of flood chance management
• Financial resources for flood risk reduction
• Relevant issues on trans boundary, gender, and governance.
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]