GIS For Disaster Risk Management
20th-24th Jan 2020
24th-28th Feb 2020
23rd-27th Mar 2020
20th-24th Apr 2020
25th-29th May 2020
22nd-26th June 2020
27th-31st July 2020
24th-28th Aug 2020
21st-25th Sept 2020
26th-30th Oct 2020
23rd-27th Nov 2020
14th-18th Dec 2020
An immediate increase in the vulnerability of communities exposed to dangerous events is being caused by urbanization and rapid population growth coupled with extreme climatic events. As an outcome, disasters are frequently taking a considerable toll on property and life. Development both in non-urban and urban locations calls for the integration of adequate steps to lower the effect of disasters. There's increased demand for risk-informed decision making in planning for good coping systems for catastrophe risk reduction. This course on GIS for disaster risk management is going to create considerable awareness of all the disaster management Professionals about the benefits of GIS usage.
• Utilize spatial data, GIS and remote sensing in catastrophe danger assessment and management;
• Utilize existing energy sources of historical disaster info and components at risk data;
• Apply GIS/remote realizing in hazard, risk and vulnerability assessment;
• Employ risk info in emergency preparedness planning;
• Visualize hazard
Who Can Attend?
The program is open to all participants that are working hard or maybe will be operating in the groups where spatial info is used or even deemed to be used for the goal of catastrophe chance managing, disaster management, and disaster risk reduction. There's no requirement GIS knowledge for a participant who's enthusiastic about this particular program.
Module one: Terminologies of catastrophe management
• Terminologies of catastrophe management
• GIS as well as remote sensing
• Handling spatial info
Module two: Post Disaster Impact and Damage Analysis
• utilization of satellite imagery for recovery and disaster relief
• Impact analysis and also preliminary damage assessment
• Building damage assessment
Module three: Pre Disaster Risk Assessment
• Hazard Assessment
• Elements vulnerable and also vulnerability assessment
• Types as well as approaches of risk evaluation, risk evaluation, cost-benefit analysis
Module four: Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
• Risk evaluation
• Visualization of risk info
• Risk spatial planning and information
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]