GIS For Disaster Risk Management
15th to 19th Jan 2024
12th to16th Feb 2024
11th to 15th March 2024
8th to 12th April 2024
13th to 17th May 2024
1oth to 14th June 2024
15th to 20th July 2024
12th to 16th Aug 2024
9th to 13th Sept 2024
14th to 18th Oct' 2024
11th to 16th Nov' 2024
9th to 13th Dec 2024
An immediate increase in the vulnerability of communities exposed to dangerous events is being caused by urbanization and rapid population growth coupled with extreme climatic events. As an outcome, disasters are frequently taking a considerable toll on property and life. Development both in non-urban and urban locations calls for the integration of adequate steps to lower the effect of disasters. There's increased demand for risk-informed decision making in planning for good coping systems for catastrophe risk reduction. This course on GIS for disaster risk management is going to create considerable awareness of all the disaster management Professionals about the benefits of GIS usage.
• Utilize spatial data, GIS and remote sensing in catastrophe danger assessment and management;
• Utilize existing energy sources of historical disaster info and components at risk data;
• Apply GIS/remote realizing in hazard, risk and vulnerability assessment;
• Employ risk info in emergency preparedness planning;
• Visualize hazard
Who Can Attend?
The program is open to all participants that are working hard or maybe will be operating in the groups where spatial info is used or even deemed to be used for the goal of catastrophe chance managing, disaster management, and disaster risk reduction. There's no requirement GIS knowledge for a participant who's enthusiastic about this particular program.
Module one: Terminologies of catastrophe management
• Terminologies of catastrophe management
• GIS as well as remote sensing
• Handling spatial info
Module two: Post Disaster Impact and Damage Analysis
• utilization of satellite imagery for recovery and disaster relief
• Impact analysis and also preliminary damage assessment
• Building damage assessment
Module three: Pre Disaster Risk Assessment
• Hazard Assessment
• Elements vulnerable and also vulnerability assessment
• Types as well as approaches of risk evaluation, risk evaluation, cost-benefit analysis
Module four: Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
• Risk evaluation
• Visualization of risk info
• Risk spatial planning and information
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]