Post-Disaster Economic Recovery & Sustainable Livelihood Restoration Course
13th- 17th Jan 2020
17th-21st Feb 2020
16th-20th Mar 2020
20th-24th Apr 2020
4th-8th May 2020
18th-22nd May 2020
15th-19th June 2020
13th-17th July 2020
17th-21st Aug 2020
14th-18th Sept 2020
12th-16th Oct 2020
16th-20th Nov 2020
14th-18th Dec 2020
This course on post disaster economic revoery seeks to improve the capacities of humanitarian employees and also providers in developing, evaluating and implementing Sustainable Livelihoods as well as Economic Recovery programmes dependent on disaster risk reduction as well as Sustainable Development concepts.
There's an expanding recognition of the requirement to implement alternative growth pursuits after emergencies and disaster together with economic recovery programs. The techniques are provided by this course and also way doing, so that are usually not known to all those responsible for post-disaster recovery.
The training on sustainable livelihood restoration intends to bridge this particular gap by creating the capabilities of practitioners in the layout and implementation of post-disaster economic recovery programs/interventions that incorporate Sustainable Development Goals as well as Disaster Risk Reduction. It is going to improve their knowledge of livelihood diversification, skills education, etc. and offer them tools which could facilitate decision making associated with economic recovery which results in sustainable economies and livelihoods by:
• Enhancing the resilience of smaller communities to succeeding climatic modification events;
• Creating a greater infrastructure;
• Strengthening institutions against the eventualities of local weather change, and also • Enabling sustainable healing.
Participants of the training are going to contribute to creating capacities of respective towns in recovering effectively from catastrophes and creating resilience of affected smaller communities in the long term.
Who Can Attend
The training on post disaster recovery intends to bridge this particular gap by creating the capabilities of practitioners in the layout and implementation of post-disaster economic recovery programs/interventions that incorporate Sustainable Development Goals as well as Disaster Risk Reduction.
To introduce individuals on the demand of minimizing future humanitarian interventions which includes reducing the scale and start development to achieve development goals
Towards this conclusion, the training is going to discuss the following:
• Models of Economic Recovery;
• The conduct and design of Post-Disaster Impact Assessments;
• Different Livelihoods Interventions able to addressing assessment outcomes;
• Tools as well as Mechanisms for Resource Mobilization to help recovery programming; plus • Data Collection, Tools, plus Indicators for Monitoring plus Evaluation.
Topics to be Covered
Module1: Understanding Disaster, Sustainable Livelihood, and Economic Recovery Restoration
• The idea of disaster, components at risk, catastrophe risk minimization, alternative development
• Core principles of catastrophe, disaster risk minimization, alternative development
• Basic concepts: Disaster plus disaster risk management
• Linkages in between Early Recovery, Disaster Risk and Vulnerability Reduction Reduction
Module two: Early Recovery
• Assessing the financial impacts of a disaster
• Small business help and business recovery (health)
• Emergency employment, money for start-up grants and work to recapitalize local businesses;
• Debris management, rebuilding and access infrastructure;
• Local governance assistance, strengthening federal area capability for relief and recovery preparation • Coordination as well as implementation, enhancing the ability for localized risk management.
Module three: Development of healing networks
• Infrastructure and creating back better communities
• community recovery committees as well as training
• The individual, community as well as organizational preparedness
• Community-Based Preparedness Committee
Module four: Tools for developing Sustainable Development methods and roadmaps
• Needs assessments as well as costing
• Monitoring Development: establishing indicators
• Goal-based partnerships
• Strategic preparation for disaster recovery
• Course Tasks:
Module five: Resilience building
• Economic diversification
• Economic Resilience
• Proactive catastrophe risk management
• Neighborhood revitalization
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]