Training on Food Security in the Urban Centers
3rd -7th Jan 2022
7th-11th Feb 2022
4th-8th Apr 2022
6th-10th May 2022
4th-8th July 2022
1st-5th Aug 2022
5th-9th Sept 2022
7th-11th Nov 2022
5th-9th Dec 2022
Accelerated urbanization is on the list of major drivers of alteration of our globalized world. Places and cities are facing overwhelming difficulties associated with food safety measures, regional development and agricultural systems. In pursuing urban food protection it becomes necessary to build resilient farming methods, successfully link urban and rural areas, along with holistically organize food chains from creation to use.
Food production and sector methods must more and more be incorporated right into a holistic, spatial and systemic manner. Urban population depend very much on all kinds of markets for the daily food needs of theirs.
DURATION: 5 days
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This program is designed for different professionals within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming policy and officials makers) working with towns, funding agencies, in governments, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programs.
Learners or trainees will be able to;
• Be familiar with the fundamental premises of the metropolitan foods cluster, spatial planning approaches and sub-sector, and just how these may be incorporated to confirm food that is nutritious to other strata of urban and rural communities
• Be acquainted with the socio-economic and technical facets of urban farming and the contribution of its to alternative agri food systems
• Have strengthened abilities to assess their very own design and situation towards much more renewable solutions
• Understand the fundamental premises of the metropolitan foods cluster, spatial planning approaches and sub-sector, and just how these may be incorporated to confirm food that is nutritious to other strata of urban and rural communities
• Understand as well as intervene in complicated rural urban planning operations from an integrated, multi-stakeholder and holistic perspective
• Have strengthened abilities to create and facilitate multi stakeholder tasks in relation to food protection in the urban regionsTOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Food production in and around urban areas from household gardens to metropolitan meal clusters
• Characteristics of food output methods in the peri-urban and urban regions
• Food logistics that require the subsequent sequence of activities:
• Selling foods in the city: Technical elements of urban farming and the contribution of its to alternative agri food systems
• Socio economic factors of urban farming and the contribution of its to agri food systems
• The application of multi stakeholder processes to develop new forms and policies design of governance to market food security within the urban regions
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]