Training on Food Security Information Systems
30th- 3rd Jan 2020
3rd- 7th Feb 2020
2nd- 6th Mar 2020
6th- 10th April 2020
4th 8th May 2020
1st- 5th June 2020
6th-10th July 2020
3rd-7th Aug 2020
7th-11th Sept 2020
5th-9th Oct 2020
9th-13th Nov 2020
7th-11th Dec 2020
The food Security info Systems plus Network (FSISN) is a worldwide effort to enhance food and nutrition security info systems for creating accurate and reliable information to guide decision-making and analysis. Food security examination is a multi disciplinary process, concerning various sectors like trade, environment, nutrition, health, and agriculture.
An inclusive food security examination is necessary to give decision makers with an extensive range of suggestions. Definitely one remedy is from better cooperation between pre-existing data collection methods. FSISN serves as a neutral specialized platform for swapping expertise, best practices and knowledge, developing harmonized tools and methods, and facilitating capacity advancement onfood as well as nourishment security measurement and analysis. This 5 times training program is going to enable the participants to create and enhance their expertise and skills within the food business.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This program is designed for different actors within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming policy and officials makers) working with towns, funding agencies, in governments, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programmes.
After completing this course, the trainees will be able to:
• Understand the primary goals of a food security info system.
• Understand how crucial ingredients of food security info systems support decision making procedures.
• Understand the primary purposes that food security examination is conducted.
• Identify the primary owners of and also programs for food security info products.
• Identify the actions needed to evaluate other info systems concerned with food protection analysis, in terminology of their performance and relevance.
• Understand the way to make use of identified strengths and also how you can deal with weaknesses within the foods security info systems.
• Understand the benefits of strengthening collaboration and networking between national and sub-national level info systems.
1. Introduction FSISN
• Basic ideas in FSISN
• Measuring food security
• Functions and goals of FSISN
2. Institutional Arrangements for Data Collection
• Agricultural info systems
• Market info systems
• Health and nutrition info systems
• The benefits of combining food security data
3. Institutional Structures for Integrated Food Security Analysis
• Household food security as well as nourishment tracking systems
• Early warning systems
• Vulnerability analysis &amp; mapping systems
• Linking national and sub-national info activities
4. Decision-Making Process In FSISN
- Data collection & management
- Data and the food security scenarios
- Data analysis
- Data communication
- M&E in FSISN
5. Improving FSISN
- • Key facets of various info systems in food protection analysis
- • Steps in the evaluation process
- • Developing techniques to enhance the meals security info systems
- • Improved information sharing and integrated analysis
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]