Training on Food Security Information Systems
8th to 12th Jan 2024
5th to 9th Feb 2024
4th to 8th March 2024
1st to 5th April 2024
6th to 10th May 2024
3rd to 7th June 2024
1st to 5th July 2024
5th to 9th Aug 2024
2nd to 6th Sept 2024
7th to 11th Oct' 2024
4th-8th Nov' 2024
2nd to 6th Dec 2024
The food Security info Systems plus Network (FSISN) is a worldwide effort to enhance food and nutrition security info systems for creating accurate and reliable information to guide decision-making and analysis. Food security examination is a multi disciplinary process, concerning various sectors like trade, environment, nutrition, health, and agriculture.
An inclusive food security examination is necessary to give decision makers with an extensive range of suggestions. Definitely one remedy is from better cooperation between pre-existing data collection methods. FSISN serves as a neutral specialized platform for swapping expertise, best practices and knowledge, developing harmonized tools and methods, and facilitating capacity advancement onfood as well as nourishment security measurement and analysis. This 5 times training program is going to enable the participants to create and enhance their expertise and skills within the food business.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This program is designed for different actors within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming policy and officials makers) working with towns, funding agencies, in governments, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programmes.
After completing this course, the trainees will be able to:
• Understand the primary goals of a food security info system.
• Understand how crucial ingredients of food security info systems support decision making procedures.
• Understand the primary purposes that food security examination is conducted.
• Identify the primary owners of and also programs for food security info products.
• Identify the actions needed to evaluate other info systems concerned with food protection analysis, in terminology of their performance and relevance.
• Understand the way to make use of identified strengths and also how you can deal with weaknesses within the foods security info systems.
• Understand the benefits of strengthening collaboration and networking between national and sub-national level info systems.
1. Introduction FSISN
• Basic ideas in FSISN
• Measuring food security
• Functions and goals of FSISN
2. Institutional Arrangements for Data Collection
• Agricultural info systems
• Market info systems
• Health and nutrition info systems
• The benefits of combining food security data
3. Institutional Structures for Integrated Food Security Analysis
• Household food security as well as nourishment tracking systems
• Early warning systems
• Vulnerability analysis &amp; mapping systems
• Linking national and sub-national info activities
4. Decision-Making Process In FSISN
- Data collection & management
- Data and the food security scenarios
- Data analysis
- Data communication
- M&E in FSISN
5. Improving FSISN
- • Key facets of various info systems in food protection analysis
- • Steps in the evaluation process
- • Developing techniques to enhance the meals security info systems
- • Improved information sharing and integrated analysis
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]