Remote Sensing & GIS In Climate Change, Food Security & Agriculture Training
15th to 26th Jan 2024
12th to 23rd Feb 2024
18th to 29th March 2024
15th to 26th April 2024
20th to 31st May 2024
17th to 28th June 2024
15th to 26th July 2024
19th to 30th Aug 2024
16th to 27th Sept 2024
14th to 25th Oct' 2024
18th to 29th Nov' 2024
9th to 20th Dec 2024
The primary goal of the study course is enhancing the skills of technical team needed within Food Security Analysis, weather evaluation and also farming by giving them having a comprehension on the usage of spatial as well as Earth Observation (EO) info as something to incorporate information about climate change, farming, and food protection in an innovative and meaningful means.
Number of Days
• Understand the fundamental ideas of GIS as well as Remote Sensing
• Apply RS and GIS for designing implementations of big scale early warning systems
• Understand ideas and frameworks in analysis of Food Security.
• Understand ideas and primary frameworks in analysis of Climate Change.
• comprehend ideas and main concepts in Agriculture
• comprehend the connection between climate change, farming as well as food protection
• Application of GIS as well as Remote Sensing as Decision assistance application for agriculture, food security, and Climate Change.
Key Course concepts
- Introduction to food security, climate change, and Agriculture.
- GIS for food security, climate change, and Agriculture.
• Introduction to R.S and GIS ideas in climate change, Food and Agriculture security
• GIS project style and setup
• Sources of GIS information for CCAFS
GIS Software Uses
- Integration of data from various sources to GIS
- Application of handheld GPS for data collecting
- Geospatial Analysis in Agriculture & food security
Mapping areas of climate change and food insecurity
• Remote Sensing in CCAFS
• overview of Remote sensing
- Remote sensing applications
- Satellite Image Acquisition
- Image interpretation
- Image classification
- Change detection
The effects of climate change on Agriculture & food security
Application of GIS in predicting Climate change
Responding to climate change, Mitigation & Adaptation
• Impacts of climatic change on Agriculture and food availability.
•Policy Framework addressing local weather change; Kyoto protocol process and also existing local laws
GIS & Remote Sensing in Agriculture
• Grid sampling, managing zones, practical yield targets
• Remote realizing (RS) for the site-specific control.
Yield tracking and mapping
Assessment and Analysis
Food Security Assessment
• The application of satellite imagery for analyzing food security
• Assessing the impacts of food insecurity
• Climate change sources of uncertainty
GPS & Basic GPS skills
• Varities of GPS
• Integration of GPS field information in GIS database
• GPS setup, Capturing information from surveys
• GPS data download along with related tasks
Public Participatory GIS & Use of Mobile Phones to Collect Data
• Availble methods
• Analysis of Participatory GIS
• Climate predictions used by the communities
• Applying GIS to come up with hazard-aware societies
• Use of Mobile Phones for GIS Data assortment of Assessment and also Surveys
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]