Remote Sensing & GIS In Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems
20th-24th Feb 2023
27th-31st Mar 2023
22nd-26th May 2023
24th-28th July 2023
22nd-26th Aug 2023
25th-29th Sept 2023
23rd-27th Oct 2023
4th -8th Dec 2023
This course seeks to cultivate the capability of professionals mostly doing work in Disaster Risk Reduction as well as Climate Change Adaptation and Impact to develop, manage, evaluate and undertake improvements in people-centered initial warning methods for hydro-meteorological & extreme events and geological hazards related to variability and climate change. It creates upon expertise in creating capacities on using of GIS, Remote Sensing as well as room-based solutions in catastrophe risk management for disaster relief institutions, disaster management providers and communities. It seeks to institutionalize weather as well as climate info programs for disaster mitigation.
Who Should Attend?
The program is customized for Disaster Risk Reduction as well as Climate Change Adaptation and Impact practitioners, advancement employees, which includes officials of provincial and national governments, extension officers, safeguard forces, crisis services, and employees of instruction institutes, institutions of public administration, national as well as UN agencies, international NGOs & the private sector. Individuals that are accountable for disaster mitigation, recovery, response, preparedness, then disaster management policy will acquire most in the curriculum.
The primary objective of the instruction is enhancing the capability of participating institutions and professionals, to successfully develop capabilities in process design of multi-hazard early warning systems, and also mitigate the appearance of events related to geological and hydro-meteorological phenomena.
Upon conclusion the participants are going to learn how to:
• Undertake risk assessment as well as look of multi-hazard early warning devices for disaster risk reduction
• Effectively integrate technical and scientific inputs into first warning dissemination as well as communication system
• Develop techniques to institutionalize early warning devices into the system cycle of catastrophe risk management as well as preparedness,, emergency response and development planning activities
• Develop chance interaction & communication technologies
• Interpret scientific info products into easy to use formats and also ready & communicate tailor-made soon warning info products
• Design and implement society based early warning systems which are folks centered
• Evaluate and cause public education and exercise plan for the community based timely warning systems
• Apply RS and GIS for designing implementations of big scale first Participatory GIS and warning systems abilities for neighborhood Early Warning Systems
• Apply Mobile Data Gathering solutions for quick assessment and surveys
• Apply emerging model weather prediction technologies for predicting and managing disaster risks associated with variability and climate change
Topics To Be COVERED
• Concepts & major frameworks to come down with Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems
• Atmospheric, Climate, and Weather Processes
• Observed Climate Change and Impacts
• Major Sources and climate Predictions of Uncertainty
• Basic ideas of GIS as well as Remote Sensing within the context of Early Warning Systems
• Handling spatial info I: (Using Quantum GIS)
• Spatial Reference Systems & information integration
• Handling spatial info II: GPS based field data collection
• Introduction to Risk Identification as well as assessment utilizing Spatial Technologies
• Mobile data collecting for area assessments/surveys utilizing Open Data Kit
• Handling spatial info III: Visualization of danger info
• Hazard detection, keeping track of, warning and forecasting
• Handling spatial info IV: Satellite reputation processing strategies for modification detection (Using ILWIS)
• Early warning communication and dissemination
• Communication protocols
• Public Participatory GIS
• Google Earth, Maps
• Social Networking Integration
• Community based early warning systems
• Building hazard aware and prepared communities
• Monitoring and analysis of earlier warning system
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]