Remote Sensing & GIS In Climate Change, Food Security & Agriculture
11th- 22nd Jan 2021
1st- 12th Feb 2021
1st- 12th Mar 2021
5th- 16th April 2021
3rd- 14th May 2021
7th- 18th June 2021
5th-16th July 2021
2nd-13th Aug 2021
6th-17th Sept 2021
4th-15th Oct 2021
1st-12th Nov 2021
6th-17th Dec 2021
The primary objective of this training on remote sensing and GIS in climate change, food security and agriculture is enhancing the abilities of technical staff required in food security analysis, water evaluation as well as farming by providing them having a comprehension on the use of spatial as well as Earth Observation information as anything to integrate info on climate change, agriculture, and foods defense in a meaningful and innovative means.
By completing this exercise program, individuals are will be prepared to:
• Understand the fundamental ideas of GIS along with Remote Sensing
• Understand ideas &amp; crucial frameworks within Food Security Analysis
• Comprehend the connection between local environmental shift, farming and servings protection
• Apply GIS as well as Remote Sensing as Decision assistance program for Climate Change, Agriculture as well as Food Security (CCAFS).
• Use GIS info in preparing FS interventions through spatial multi criteria analysis
• Apply RS and GIS for designing implementations of big scale first warning systems
• Apply remote sensing info and image processing strategies to maintain computer monitor of select CCAFS indicators
Component one Concepts
Climate change, Agriculture, Food safety and just how they interrelate
GIS for climate change, Agriculture and Food security Introduction to Gis and R.S concepts within the context of area environmental change, Agriculture and Food security
Setup and also gis project design
Sources of GIS info for CCAFS
• Basic program of GIS Software
• Geospatial Analysis for Agriculture in addition foods security
• Integrating information from numerous sources into a GIS
• Using hand held GPS for region data collection
• Introduction to Remote sensing
• Mapping locations of climate change as well as food security
• Remote Sensing within CCAFS
• Image interpretation
• Satellite Image Acquisition
• Utilization of Remote realizing along with image analysis software
• Image classification
• Change detection
The effects of weather alteration on Agriculture in addition food security
Climate Predictions Using GIS
• Answering weather change: Adaptation and Mitigation: the weather conditions analogue tool
• Role of climatic changes detection on Agriculture in addition food security
GIS & Agriculture
• Yield monitoring and mapping
• Characterizing soil spatial variability
• Site specific soil management: prescription maps
• Grid sampling, controlling zones, efficient yield goals • Remote knowing (RS) for site specific management.
• Assessing food gadgets insecurity impact
• Climate change energy resources of uncertainty and variation
• Food Security Assessment and Analysis
• The software of satellite imagery for dishes insecurity detection as well as recovery
• Visualization of vulnerability information
GPS and the capabilities of its
Variations of GPS
• GPS information download along with relevant tasks
• GPS established, Capturing info from surveys
Data collection and also Participatory public GIS utilizing mobile phones
• Community based climate predictions
• GIS based strategies for adapting Agriculture to Climate Change
• Integrating Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (Climate Analogue)
• Participatory GIS methods
• Participatory GIS and HVR analysis
• Utilization of Mobile Phones for GIS Data assortment of Assessment as well as Surveys
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]