Food Security Policies Formulation & Implementation Course
17th -21st Jan 2022
14th-18th Feb 2022
14th-18th Mar 2022
23rd-27th May 2022
18th-22nd July 2022
22nd-26th Aug 2022
19th-23rd Sept 2022
14th-18th Nov 2022
19th-23rd Dec 2022
Course Duration-5 DAYS
• Comprehend the basic policies necessary for enhancing food security.
• Realize the primary choices which accompany policies on food security.
• Understand the job and also features of the main players in food safety policy formulation & installation.
• Define the goal of any evaluation and monitoring procedure for food safety policies and understand the tactics and strategies being used.
• Describe the procedures currently being completed during FSP formulation along with implementation.
Background and introduction of food security policies
• Basic ideas and terminologies
• The necessity for policies on food security.
• Features of food protection policies
• Aims of food protection policies
• Effects of policy interventions in deep meals security
Establishing a Food Security Framework
• Typical approaches to developing food security policies
• A conceptual framework for meals protection policies
• Subjects of food protection policies
• Policies with several effects on food security
• Linkages to various other policies, strategies &amp;programmes
Institutional Framework for Food Security Policies
• Institutional setup plus coordination mechanism
• Functions and Role of government institutions
• Role of International and local NGOs
• Role of Civil modern society Organizations (CSOs)
• Role of Donor and UN Agencies
Policy Implementation and Formulation
• Policy evaluation within the food industry
• Initiation of the policy process
• Policy Formulation
• Policy Implementation
Policy Evaluation and Monitoring
• Purpose of FSP keeping track of and evaluation
• Monitoring and evaluation concepts
• Approaches and methods
• Evaluation criteria
• Setting upwards an FSP monitoring as well as an evaluation system
• Linking M&E and food security info to various other policy spheres
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]