Rural Development Course
3rd -7th Jan 2022
7th-11th Feb 2022
4th-8th Apr 2022
6th-10th May 2022
4th-8th July 2022
1st-5th Aug 2022
5th-9th Sept 2022
7th-11th Nov 2022
5th-9th Dec 2022
This course has been created to be used in introductory rural and also microfinance training. While the basics of development finance and also approaches in microfinance affect rural finance, you will find distinct characteristics and issues which should be understood and also taken into consideration to target rural, and particularly agricultural, finance. It would be beneficial to know about market development services.
• Explain as well as critically look at current debates in rural development relating to rural livelihoods as well as the respective roles of marketplaces, property rights, institutions, the state, farming and also the rural non-farm economy.
• Critically evaluate past and also existing efforts to provide rural providers, like infrastructure, finance, extension and research, education and health.
• Analyze critically substitute outlying development policies in regards to the potential impact of theirs on rural poverty, economic growth, and equity, taking account of various local and geographical circumstances.
• Outline and evaluate multiple techniques on the control of land & water resources and the potential impact of theirs on rural development objectives.
• Understand the specific issues of rural areas that are usually connected with agricultural and rural credit directed towards the poor.
• Develop a deeper understanding of the underlying problems of rural finance.
• Have abilities in doing an agricultural and rural portfolio assessment plus loan analysis - applying five C's in non-urban finance.
• Be acquainted with some revolutionary designs and also alternative methods of providing rural finance services.
• Gain skills in doing seasonality analysis, preparing money flows, assessing danger and appraising loans.
• Develop knowledge of innovative and new loan products and savings approaches for rural areas and agriculture.
• Gain an understanding of options and reference links to additional info and help for dealing with future difficulties within the use of financial services in outlying areas.
Who can attend?
This course is targeted at individuals that are working in non-government development agencies, rural financial institutions, and government, MFIs, donors, and banks that guide and then work together with rural communities and populations.
· Agricultural research & extension
· Agricultural sector
· Health and education
· Rural development
· Rural finance
· Rural infrastructure
· Rural livelihoods
· Rural non-farm economy
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]