Training on Gender Approaches to Agricultural Extension Practices
17th -21st Jan 2022
14th-18th Feb 2022
14th-18th Mar 2022
23rd-27th May 2022
18th-22nd July 2022
22nd-26th Aug 2022
19th-23rd Sept 2022
14th-18th Nov 2022
19th-23rd Dec 2022
Gender sensitivity in farming extension and practices is a crucial area which affects individuals of all hikes in life. It requires gender equity, gender functions and further implies that roles shouldn't be ascribed for instance on the females by itself, or maybe the males entirely because this will amount to create to the improvement of agriculture. It implies that priorities, needs, and the interests of both men and women are taken into account, recognizing the variety among various groups of females and males.
This training highlights some gender associated problems and also presents techniques for meeting them. We explore different ways of shipping of agricultural extension products in a way that increases gender equitable service provision.
DURATION: 5 Days
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This program is designed for different actors within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming personnel and policy makers) working with towns, funding agencies, in governments, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programs.
• Develop programs, focused on female's constraints and needs, in completing the tasks of theirs
• Raising recognition of gender problems as an integral component of a pragmatic investigation, extension as well as development work in agriculture,
Gender and Food Security
Gender and Agricultural Livelihoods:
Gender and Rural Finance
Gender and Agricultural Markets
Gender Mainstreaming in Agricultural Water Management
Gender in Agricultural Innovation and Education
Gender Issues in Agricultural Labor
Gender in Rural Infrastructure for Agricultural Livelihoods
Gender and Forestry/Natural Resources Management
Gender in Agriculture, livestock production
Gender Issues in Monitoring and Evaluation
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]