Gender Based Violence Training
4th- 8th Jan 2021
1st- 5th Feb 2021
1st- 5th Mar 2021
5th- 9th April 2021
3rd- 7th May 2021
7th- 11th June 2021
5th-9th July 2021
2nd-6th Aug 2021
6th-10th Sept 2021
4th-8th Oct 2021
1st-5th Nov 2021
6th-10th Dec 2021
The objective of this program is increasing participant's understanding and knowledge of the idea of gender, sexuality, gender-based violence, and rights. It'll additionally check out the different types of gender-based violence as well as the core concepts for the right conduct or behavior, reporting systems and coming up with the right response.
• Comprehending gender, rights and, sexuality, gender-based violence -GBV
• Various types of GBV
• Concepts of gender, sexuality, gender-based violence, and rights.
• Effects of GBV on education, development, and health
Who Can Attend?
The course is intended for programme managers as well as experts whose role is developing and using interventions directed at fighting gender-based violence and advancing gender equality. examples are researchers, feminists, policy-makers, women advocates, activists, employees of CBOs and NGOs, the employees of UN special agencies, donors, students, trainers, development actors, volunteers, federal officials, etc.
• gender, and development Violence
• value of gender
• Gender & socialization
2. Gender-based Violence
• idea of violence
• Examples of GBV
• The relationship between violence, gender, and development
3. Gender Analysis
• Primary components
• Gender analysis Using various tools
4. Gender Mainstreaming
• Gender Mainstreaming
• Gender Mainstreaming Concept
• Role of Men
• Gender Mainstreaming within Specific Sectors
• Best methods
5. Action Against Gender-based Violence
• Dealing withGBV
• Advocacy, communication, and negotiation skills
• Existing institutional and national action to tackling GBV
6. International Legal Human Rights Instruments Related to GBV
• The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
• The Bill of Rights
• Human & Peoples' Rights
• Child rights
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]