Agriculture, Innovation & Technology Course
20th-24th Jan 2020
24th-28th Feb 2020
23rd-27th Mar 2020
20th-24th Apr 2020
25th-29th May 2020
22nd-26th June 2020
27th-31st July 2020
24th-28th Aug 2020
21st-25th Sept 2020
26th-30th Oct 2020
23rd-27th Nov 2020
14th-18th Dec 2020
The livelihoods of the poor fall and rise with the fate of farming. Improving the capability of smallholders to come in contact with the expertise, networks, and also institutions essential to enhance the productivity of theirs, food safety measures, as well work opportunities is a fundamental development challenge. Where when rural areas had been mainly disconnected from the more world, these days, networks of info & communication solutions (ICTs) enmesh the world and stand for a transformational opportunity for countryside populations, both as consumers and producers. Nevertheless, realizing this possibility requires a long term commitment to mobilizing appropriate energy and knowledge.
This training program is created to help practitioners, decision makers, and development partners that have the intersection of agriculture and ICT. Our desire is it turns into a useful guide to knowing the latest trends, using proper interventions, and analyzing the effect of those systems.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for different actors within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming officials & policymakers) working with towns, funding agencies, in governments, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programmes.
Participants will have the ability to: • Gain primary skills in ICT in farming.
• Appreciate the demand for ICT integration found agribusiness growth.
• Understand today's fashion in ICTs as they pertain to agriculture and also the efforts that ICT can make to enhance agricultural tactics and the implementation of theirs.
• Design, put into action, and assess sustainable and appropriate ICT components of farming projects.
• Build successful public and private partnerships to advertise ICT access and development for agriculture.
• Include ICT contained policy dialogue as well as planning with country alternatives on agricultural and rural development objectives and priorities.
• Understand the application of ICT in farm generation, listing management, and marketing as well as around extension services.
• Gain understanding of gender equitable abilities in ICT improvement in agriculture which is a major participant towards rural development.
Topic to be covered
• Introduction to ICT to come down with farming development
• Making ICT Infrastructure, devices, and expertise much more accessible and inexpensive in rural areas
• Mobile devices as well as services and the impact of theirs on rural development and agriculture
• Gender-equitable, ICT-enabled agricultural development
• Increasing harvest, livestock, and then fishery efficiency through ICT
• ICTs as enablers of farming innovation systems
• Broadening smallholders' ability to access economic services through ICT
• ICT program in farmer organizations
• ICT allowed farming extension
• Strengthening agricultural promotion with ICT
• ICT uses for smallholder addition in agribusiness supply chains
• ICT uses for farming risk management
• Improving food security as well as traceability while empowering smallholders through ICT
• Strengthening rural governance, institutions, as well as citizen participation by using ICT
• ICT for area administration as well as management
• Inventory managing with ICT
• RS and GIS application in agriculture
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]