Training on Public Health In WASH During Emergencies
17th -21st Jan 2022
14th-18th Feb 2022
14th-18th Mar 2022
23rd-27th May 2022
18th-22nd July 2022
22nd-26th Aug 2022
19th-23rd Sept 2022
14th-18th Nov 2022
19th-23rd Dec 2022
In case of a catastrophe, the current water storage facilities are insufficient to meet up with the present demands. Current water source pipelines are basic and there is a deficiency of WASH materials are missing to meet up with the need where there a disaster. Capabilities and preparedness of health centers are inadequate as a result of the absence of qualified personnel, lack of inadequate policies and coordination. Drawbacks at the Health Sector amount consist of the absence of medics preparedness for dangers apart from epidemics, insufficient knowledge and awareness on DRM, absence of setup of the disaster preparedness as well as response plans, no channels of networking and information sharing.
Duration: Five days
• Disaster Terminology, Disaster Management
• Cycle, Sphere Standard
• Epidemiological Management When There is an Emergency
• Solid&Management of Medical Waste
• What is the Hygiene Promotion?
• Practical on Drinking drinking water quality, and treatment hygiene
• Sanitation type, and importance usage during crises
• Demonstration on toilet building during crisis
• Steps to Promoting Hygiene
• Risk Practices
• Practices to target
• Motivating Behavior Change
• Communicating Hygiene
• Conclusion: Promotion of Hygiene Promotion
• Applying of GIS found public health and WASH
• Introduction to GIS
• Spatial Data collection of GIS for WASH & public health
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]