Impact Evaluation For Evidence-Based Policy In Development
11th- 22nd Jan 2021
1st- 12th Feb 2021
1st- 12th Mar 2021
5th- 16th April 2021
3rd- 14th May 2021
7th- 18th June 2021
5th-16th July 2021
2nd-13th Aug 2021
6th-17th Sept 2021
4th-15th Oct 2021
1st-12th Nov 2021
6th-17th Dec 2021
The workshop aims to cope with a crucial requirement for incorporating impact evaluation (IE) contained program design: a practical and theoretical information of impact evaluation techniques to allow alternative of ideal methodologies, which could has an extensive appraisal ensuing evidence. After the training the participants can provide qualitative and quantitative analysis methods for the impact evaluation after which provide them an expertise within the crucial comprehension of all the roles they're competent to accomplish in the format and analysis of the public policy. The employees tackle the issues of mastering STATA, NVIVO and certainly the intricacies of analysis research models and also econometric methods.
Who Can Attend?
This particular process is best for researchers, project personnel, superiors, advancement providers, policy businesses within the federal authorities, NGOs as well as development organizations which will would want determining the result of the interventions of theirs.
No of Days: Ten Days
• Perform a rigorous influence analysis of projects
• Learn and achieve econometric methods for impact evaluation
• Learn about analysis problem: Attribution, placement and selection biases
• Learn about practices and theories of impact evaluation
Training Content on Impact Evaluation For Evidence Based Policy in Development
Brief on M&E Fundamentals for Impact Evaluation
- Results Framework
- M&E Project Indicators
- Logical Framework
- Performance Evaluation
Introduction to Impact Evaluation
- Defining impact evaluation
- Deciding whether to evaluate
- Attribution in impact evaluation
- Contribution vs attribution
Figuring out areas of Impact Evaluation
- Types of evaluation questions
- Theories of Change
- The results chain
- Evaluation hypothesis
- Impact evaluation indicators
Impact Evaluation Counterfactuals
- Causal reference
- Comparison groups and counterfactuals
- Estimating counterfactual in impact evaluation
- Impact Evaluation when a Comparison and Baseline Data are not available
Research Designs in Impact Evaluation
- Experimental Design
- Randomized Control Trials
- Quasi experimental designs
- Regression Discontinuity
- Non-experimental designs
Sampling in Impact Evaluation
- Sampling techniques in Impact Evaluation
- Sample size calculation,
- Sampling weight
- Statistical power
- Constructing valid comparison groups
Quantitative Data Analysis for Impact Evaluation
Randomized Impact Evaluation
- Setting the counterfactual
- Statistical Design of Randomization
- Impacts of Program Placement
- Impacts of Program Participation
- Capturing Both Program Placement and Participation
- Measuring Spillover Effects
Propensity Score Matching Technique (PSM)
- Introduction to PSM
- Application of PSM in Impact Evaluation
- Constructing propensity scores
- Matching Analysis (Nearest-Neighbour, Stratification, Radius, Kernel )
- Common support
- Doubly Robust Estimation
Difference in Difference Method
- What is DID?
- Application of DID in Impact Evaluation
- Estimating DID estimator: Single DID, DID with covariates, Quantile DID
- DID for Cross-Sectional Data
- Balancing Tests
- Diff-in-Diff with Propensity Score Matching
Qualitative Approaches Within Impact Evaluation
- Most Significant Change
- Outcome Mapping
- Outcome Harvesting
- Appreciative Inquiry
Producing and Disseminating Impact Evaluation findings
- Impact Evaluation Plan
- Impact Evaluation Reports: Baseline report, Impact Evaluation Reports
- Case studies
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]