Training On Social Protection
9th -13th Jan 2023
6th-10th Feb 2023
3rd-7th Apr 2023
5th -9th June2023
10th-14th July 2023
7th-11th Aug 2023
4th-8th Sept 2023
2nd-6th Oct 2023
11th-15th Dec 2023
This course focuses on getting you up to speed with current knowledge, evidence and practice of social protection. It offers a unique opportunity for policy makers, practitioners and researchers to broaden their knowledge base and gain critical insight into the most recent thinking about social protection.
This course provides a broad-based overview of main approaches to social protection, issues around design and implementation, available evidence and ‘hot topics’ in social protection. It is organized around three main themes:
- Building a knowledge base on social protection
- Designing and implementing social protection programmes
- Evidence of what works in social protection
Participants will be engaged in an interactive manner and are strongly invited to share their own experiences and views on social protection throughout the course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets policy makers, practitioners, NGOs, and researchers who want to broaden their knowledge base and gain critical insight into the most recent thinking about social protection.
Module 1: Building a knowledge base on social protection
- Introduction to social protection
- Models of social protection
- Social protection instruments
- Institutional and regional approaches to social protection
- The role of social protection in reducing poverty, vulnerability and social exclusion
Module 2: Designing and implementing social protection programmes
- Targeting social protection
- Delivering social protection
- Social protection systems
- The design of social protection and cash transfer programmes
- Implementation issues, including registration, targeting, payment and information systems
Module 3: Evidence of what works in social protection
- Current evidence on social protection
- Evaluation and policy analysis
Module 4: Monitoring Social Protection
- Monitoring and evaluation approaches for social protection systems
- Case studies of successful programmes around the world
Module 5: Best Practices
- World Bank’s Social risk management (SRM
- Source of social risks
- Prevention strategies
- Mitigation strategies
- Coping strategies
- Kenya’s social protection system
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]