Training On Social Protection
22nd to 26th Jan 2024
19th to 23rd Feb 2024
25th to 29th March 2024
22nd to 26th April 2024
20th to 24th May 2024
24th to 28th June 2024
22nd to 26th July 2024
26th to 30th Aug 2024
23rd to 27th Sept 2024
21st to 25th Oct' 2024
25th-29th Nov' 2024
16 to 20th Dec 2024
This course focuses on getting you up to speed with current knowledge, evidence and practice of social protection. It offers a unique opportunity for policy makers, practitioners and researchers to broaden their knowledge base and gain critical insight into the most recent thinking about social protection.
This course provides a broad-based overview of main approaches to social protection, issues around design and implementation, available evidence and ‘hot topics’ in social protection. It is organized around three main themes:
- Building a knowledge base on social protection
- Designing and implementing social protection programmes
- Evidence of what works in social protection
Participants will be engaged in an interactive manner and are strongly invited to share their own experiences and views on social protection throughout the course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets policy makers, practitioners, NGOs, and researchers who want to broaden their knowledge base and gain critical insight into the most recent thinking about social protection.
Module 1: Building a knowledge base on social protection
- Introduction to social protection
- Models of social protection
- Social protection instruments
- Institutional and regional approaches to social protection
- The role of social protection in reducing poverty, vulnerability and social exclusion
Module 2: Designing and implementing social protection programmes
- Targeting social protection
- Delivering social protection
- Social protection systems
- The design of social protection and cash transfer programmes
- Implementation issues, including registration, targeting, payment and information systems
Module 3: Evidence of what works in social protection
- Current evidence on social protection
- Evaluation and policy analysis
Module 4: Monitoring Social Protection
- Monitoring and evaluation approaches for social protection systems
- Case studies of successful programmes around the world
Module 5: Best Practices
- World Bank’s Social risk management (SRM
- Source of social risks
- Prevention strategies
- Mitigation strategies
- Coping strategies
- Kenya’s social protection system
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]