Training on Mental Health & Psychosocial Support
15th to 26th Jan 2024
12th to 23rd Feb 2024
18th to 29th March 2024
15th to 26th April 2024
20th to 31st May 2024
17th to 28th June 2024
15th to 26th July 2024
19th to 30th Aug 2024
16th to 27th Sept 2024
14th to 25th Oct' 2024
18th to 29th Nov' 2024
9th to 20th Dec 2024
Psychosocial assistance is the procedure of enabling families to recuperate from the effect of crises and supporting them to cope with such events in the long term. The world faces increasing difficulties like disasters, epidemic diseases, terror attacks, war, and conflicts. These're crises and events which leaves the communities in emotional wounds and distress. Essential aids like food, clean water, protection as well as healthcare are supreme but of value, in addition, is psychosocial support.
This training on mental health and psychosocial support is presented by Uphilos and knowledge to individuals working in zones impacted by such crises to provide psychosocial support and assist the affected communities in curing the mental wounds & rebuilding community structure after such crucial events.
Who can attend?
This course is created for anybody who'd love to experience a community approach to internal healing. Far more so to health providers, humanitarian project and workers officers doing work in disaster as well as conflict susceptible areas
By the conclusion of the training individuals shall comprehend the public effects of disasters, other emergency events, terror attacks conflicts and war.
The program will even prepare participants to better grasp the growth and implementation of psycho-social interventions and mental health, and then to help the affected group in creating these sustainable interventions and deal with the emerging situations.
Topics Being covered on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
1: Crises events and psychosocial assistance
• What is a problems event?
• What is psychosocial structure and support?
• Psychosocial support needs
2. Basic Counselling skills in mental health and psychosocial support
• Basic interpersonal communication
• Person-centered counseling
• Model of a counselling session
• Role plays as well as feedback
• Listening skills
• Reflecting skills
• Probing and motion skills
• Problem managing skills'
• Ethics in counselling
3. Stress Management in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
• What is stress
• Risk assessment
• Signs of stress
• Anxiety, depression and also post-traumatic disorder
• Coping with stress
4. Bereavement and Loss
• Loss and also grief in life
• Nature plus scope of bereavement and grief
• Stages of grief
• Grief and kids
• Adjustment to bereavement
• Managing grief right after a disaster
• Strategies for managing long-lasting grief: instructed mourning, medication, support groups, etc.
• Assessment strategies
• Grief resolution
• Special issues
• Unresolved grief
5. Approaches to psycho-social support
• Community primarily based psychosocial support
• Gender conflict as well as displacement
• Mainstreaming psychosocial assistance in some other sectors
6. Dealing with kids
• Child-friendly spaces
• Children security and wellbeing
• Children response to difficult events
• Children response to abuse and violence
• Children grief reaction
• How kids cope
• How to guide kids
7. Supporting staff members working in disaster zones
• Stress in staff
• Courses of stress
• Signs of burnout
• Caring for staff
• Peer support
8. Developing Psycho-social Support Group
• Choosing a coaching approach
• Developing a psycho-social support
• Getting started
• Community mobilization
9. Planning Psycho-social Intervention
• Rapid assessment
• Purpose of the necessity assessment
• Setting upwards the assessment
• The approach
• What is checking and evaluation
• Why is M&E vital • When to keep track of?
• When to assess?
• Planning for M&E
• Ethical principles to information collection
• Measuring psychosocial well-being
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]