Trauma Support & Counseling Course
8th to 12th Jan 2024
5th to 9th Feb 2024
4th to 8th March 2024
1st to 5th April 2024
6th to 10th May 2024
3rd to 7th June 2024
1st to 5th July 2024
5th to 9th Aug 2024
2nd to 6th Sept 2024
7th to 11th Oct' 2024
4th-8th Nov' 2024
2nd to 6th Dec 2024
The training on trauma support and counseling equips one with the pertinent knowledge, values and skills to identify customers exposed to traumatic events and offer stress assistance services in the immediate aftermath of distressing functions, under the supervision of a properly trained/registered brain health professional. Through this instruction, you are going to come to comprehend ideas of First Aid, the concepts of trauma healing periods, and treatments that are effective for individuals struggling with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
• Situations where damage may occur
• Physical, psychological, behavioural and cognitive symptoms of trauma-related stress
• Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
• Components of trauma which effect on communities
• stages in healing from trauma
• Demonstrate the correct program of counselling
Who Can Attend?
Health providers that are beginning, or are in the first stages of the career of theirs in risk and security management, crisis response/ medical personnel, NGO staff, expert counselors, Trauma support staff, crisis response teams and so on.
Course Outline for Trauma Support and Counseling
• Introduction to Trauma
• Psychological and physiological Reactions to Trauma
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as well as Traumatic Grief
• Community Trauma within Natural Disasters
• Community Trauma in Man-made Events
• Critical Incident and workplace Trauma Stress Debriefing
• Childhood Trauma in Impacts and experiences
• Strategies to Counseling Children
• Counseling Traumatized Clients
• Counseling traumatized Clients
• Trauma Counseling Strategies as well as Techniques
• Counselor, Responding to Trauma
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]