Advanced Training on Installation, Use & Maintenance Of DHIS2 Level II
10th- 21st Jan 2022
7th- 18th Feb 2022
14th- 25th Mar 2022
9th- 20th May 2022
11th-22nd July 2022
5th-16th Sept 2022
3rd-14th Oct 2022
7th-18th Nov 2022
5th-16th Dec 2022
The District Health Information Software (DHIS2) is utilized in over forty nations around the planet. DHIS2 is a tool for presentation, analysis, validation, and collection of aggregate and patient-based statistical data, customized (though not limited) to incorporated health info management activities. It's something having an open metadata style & a flexible user interface which enables the user to develop the contents associated with a specific info system without the demand for programming. DHIS2 and further up is a modular web-based software package designed with open and free source Java frameworks.
Health data and info is considered to be under-documented due to simple improper health and demographic record keeping. We have organized the instruction that aims at constructing the capability of scientists, health report administrators and providers to monitor, manage and keep market information and wellness info more effectively and correctly than using papers. This program on Installation, Maintenance and Use of DHIS two, will equip the individuals with needed knowledge and skills on how you can report, analyze and also disseminate details for most well-being programs.
Who Should Attend?
• Health administrators, Health Information System Officers, scientists, area workers,
Duration: 10 Days
Module 1. Web App Development
- Best practices for developing modern DHIS2 web apps
- Working with DHIS2 Metadata and Analytics APIs
- Building DHIS2 apps with the new DHIS2 Application Platform
- Using the DHIS2 design system and UI libraries
- Deployment of DHIS2 apps to the app store
Module 2. Android App Development
- DHIS2 Android SDK architecture
- DHIS2 skeleton app
- Principles for UX/UI design
- DHIS2 rule and indicator engine
- Testing and debugging
- Publication channels
Module 3. Android Implementation
- DHIS2 Android app features
- DHIS2 configuration for a successful mobile user experience
- How to plan, test, pilot and scale DHIS2 Android systems.
- Enterprise Mobility approaches (including mobile device management)
- Guidance on the DHIS2 Android roadmap and online community
Module 4. Community Health (CHIS)
- Introduction foundational concepts of CHIS
- Review of real-world DHIS2 CHIS case studies and research, with a focus on lessons learned and best practices
- Presentation of key considerations of design, development and use of large-scale CHIS
- Presentation of guidelines on how to configure DHIS2 as a CHIS
- Practical exercises on different facets of building a CHIS, including monitoring of integrated community case management (iCCM)
- Discussion on data use and decision making, primarily from the perspective of the community
- Discussion of building a plan for system training and support for effective capacity building
capacity strengthening for effective use of CHIS
- Guidance on governance and sustainability of CHIS, including issues of participation, accountability and transparency and development of standard operating procedures
Module 5. Data Quality
- Overview of methods used for data quality review
- Detailed instruction on installation, configuration, and use of Data Quality Tool
- Exercises on validation rules, standard deviation, and predictors
- Review of real-world data quality examples and country stories
Module 6. DHIS2 for Education
- Review of real-world uses of DHIS2 for Education, focusing on best practices and lessons
- Key considerations for implementing DHIS2 as an EMIS
- Introduction to analysis of EMIS data (such as school attendance, etc.) using DHIS2 analytics tools, including pivot tables, charts and maps
- Creating custom dashboards for easy data sharing, presentation, and use
- Introduction to customizing EMIS data entry forms
- Introduction to designing data capture tools to track individual-level data, such as student and teacher attendance
- Design and implementation implications for using mobile devices for data capture
Module 7. Disease Surveillance
- Presentation of real-world use cases, focusing on lessons learned
- Demonstrations of the latest DHIS2 features for disease surveillance
- Discussion of best practices for DHIS2 implementation
- Hands-on exercises on system configuration and analytics
Module 8. Logistics Data (LMIS)
- Review of supply chain data flow models, terminology and meta-data
- Introduction to supply chain indicator calculations in DHIS2
Introduction to supply chain analytics configuration in DHIS2
- Visualizing supply chain data and comparing service data to supply data
- Discussion on interoperability between DHIS2 and other LMIS
Module 9. Maps & GIS
- Introduction to GIS and DHIS2 Maps
- Practical mapping exercises on our DHIS2 training instance
- Hands-on work with your DHIS2 instance
- Introduction to QGIS and practical exercises
- Planning for how to enhance your use of maps in your DHIS2 instance
Module 10. Server Administration
- Essentials of linux server administration, including use of ssh for access and unix fundamentals
- Overview of DHIS2 architecture, including its dependencies and installation options
- Overview of various logging, monitoring and alerting tools
- Overview of security concerns, concepts, standards, and technical tools (including special concerns for personal data in Tracker programs)
- Discussions on “next-generation” features of DHIS2 and their implications for server administration
Module 11. Tracker Management
- Review Tracker features and real-world use cases
- Overview of how to design implementations for high-quality analytics outputs
- Discuss strategies for capacity building
- Learn frameworks for outlining implementation requirements
- Review of security considerations
- Review of system assessment frameworks
- Develop an implementation / maintenance plan
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]