Training on Installation, Use & Maintenance Of DHIS2 Level I / Intermediary
3rd -7th Jan 2022
7th-11th Feb 2022
4th-8th Apr 2022
6th-10th May 2022
4th-8th July 2022
1st-5th Aug 2022
5th-9th Sept 2022
7th-11th Nov 2022
5th-9th Dec 2022
The District Health Information Software (DHIS2) is utilized in over forty nations around the planet. DHIS 2 is a tool for presentation, analysis, validation, and collection of aggregate and patient-based statistical data, customized (though not limited) to incorporated health info management activities. It's something having an open metadata style & a flexible user interface which enables the user to develop the contents associated with a specific info system without the demand for programming. DHIS2 training is a modular web-based software package designed with open and free source Java frameworks.
Health data and info is considered to be under-documented due to simple improper health and demographic record keeping. We have organized the training that aims at constructing the capability of scientists, health report administrators and providers to monitor, manage and keep market information and wellness info more effectively and correctly than using papers. This program on Installation, Maintenance and Use of DHIS2, will equip the individuals with needed knowledge and skills on how you can report, analyze and also disseminate details for most well-being programs.
Who Should Attend?
• Health administrators, Health Information System Officers, scientists, area workers,
• DHIS two set up
• Understand what DHIS2 is and what objective it serves with value to health info systems (HIS)
• DHIS2 key features supporting information collection, visualization, validation, presentation and info use
• What are the main technological considerations with regards to deploying DHIS two
• Data collection as well as information entry;
• Data analysis and information visualization;
• Data quality with DHIS2;
• Data components, and data sets indicators;
• Event capture, tracker, event report and event visualizer capture
• DHIS two configuration to monitor health associated signs and progress towards goals like global development goals
• What are several of the advantages and also issues with utilizing DHIS for HIS
Topics to be Covered
1. Introduction TO DHIS 2 And Information Use
• Health info management and associated concepts
• Different data type required by health planners as well as decision makers
• Sources of data
• Legal and ethical requirement
• Benefits of utilizing DHIS2
• Organizational units
• Information cycle
Day 2 - Data Quality: Validation Rules
- Validation Rules and Validation Rule Analysis: Working with simple validation rules
- Validation Rules Using Thresholds: Working with validation rules that use thresholds
- Validation Rules Notifications :Working with notifications via messages and email
Day 2 - Data Quality: Validation Rules Configuration
- Validation Rule Configuration Part 1 - Creating Validation Rules measuring internal consistency: Creating validation rules to measure internal consistency
- Validation Rule Configuration Part 2 - Creating Validation Rules using calculated thresholds: Creating validation rules using a predefined threshold
Day 3 - Pivot Tables
- Dimension Selection, Layout and Table Options: Getting started with pivot tables by understanding how to apply and modify the layout of data dimensions
- Working with disaggregation and group sets, additional table options: Applying data disaggregation and group sets to table outputs
- Downloading data, number types and measure criteria: Downloading your data and working with table filters in the form of measure criteria
- Working with Legends and drilling down in the table:Applying legends to pivot table outputs and drilling down within the table
- Last value aggregation type: Working with the last value aggregation type
Day 3 - Data Visualizer
- Dimension Selection and working with the category, series and filter: Getting started with visualizations by understanding how to apply and modify the layout of data dimensions
- Use stacked column and bar charts to explore additional disaggregations, chart options, and target lines
- Review how to make additional chart types including pie, radar, gauge and single value charts
- Review how to make additional chart types including cumulative and year over year charts
- Review how to make additional chart types including multi-category and combination charts
Day 4 - Maps
- Maps interface, adding a thematic layer and interpreting the legend: Getting started with maps by the interface and how to apply layers
- Adding Additional Layers (Boundary, Facility, Thematic) and working with predefined legends: Adding additional layers and modifying the legend
- Drilling up/down, using the data table and downloading maps/data: Drilling down within a map to different organization unit levels and downloading and working with your map data offline
- Split View and Timeline Maps: Creating multi-view maps across different time periods
- Bubble Maps: Creating bubble maps to identify geographic hot spots
Day 4 - Dashboards & Reports App
- Using the filter, making new dashboards and adding items: Using the dashboard and filtering out items for targeted analysis
- Creating dashboards and adding saved items to the dashboard
- User organization units and sharing: Re-using and sharing your dashboard with many different users
- Reports App
- Data Set Reports: Using the reports app to review the data set report
- Reporting Rate Summary and Org Unit Distribution: Using the reports app to review reporting rate summaries and organization unit distributions within your system
Day 5 - Interpretations
- The Data to Action Framework: Reviewing a framework to apply descriptive information to created analysis items
- Interpretations Panel Exercise 1:Applying this framework to saved analyses item
- Writing descriptions in DHIS2, subscribing and notifying: Applying this framework to saved items in DHIS2
- Reviewing other social analysis features including subscribing and notifications when saved items are updated
- Implementation Considerations: Guided discussion on additional considerations to make when trying to define and create required outputs within a DHIS2 implementation
Day 5- Finalizing
- Brief review of previous topics and Q&A
- Discuss follow-up steps and close the training seminar
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]