GIS Mapping, Visualization & Analysis Using QGIS
10th- 21st Jan 2022
7th- 18th Feb 2022
14th- 25th Mar 2022
9th- 20th May 2022
11th-22nd July 2022
5th-16th Sept 2022
3rd-14th Oct 2022
7th-18th Nov 2022
5th-16th Dec 2022
It's undeniable that info is processed from figures and facts; we likewise agree that in case information is not properly handled; it can certainly be frustrating. Giving a spatial dimension to information and also performing the spatial evaluation in a GIS atmosphere speeds interpretation visualization that ultimately speeds up the setup of applications.
Integrating GIS and Remote Sensing to be a choice making tool has seen numerous companies gain competitive advantage and stay relevant globally. In order to make timely decisions requires not merely innovative ways to use real and accurate time info, but additionally tools To help provide the info with techniques that can be helpful.
What occurs within this planet has a spatial dimension which makes GIS applicable across almost all areas, e.g., for agriculture, business, forestry, crime, mining, health, communications and transport, climate change, utility management, planning, etc. A geographic info system (GIS) is going to allow you to bring all data types inform of levels, overlay them to perform analysis and later on publish a map from which.
This primary goal of this program is helping our client know how good they can use GIS as well as Remote Sensing in their daily activities of the organization of theirs. The program is going to be hands-on workouts within Quantum GIS (QGIS).
No of Days: 10
• Develop as well as implement a GIS project
• Master the concepts and concepts of RS and GIS
• Acquire, control, save the information sources in a GIS
• Understand exactly how GIS database functions and also how you can update
• Learn exactly how to alter data in GIS
• Learn chart style,symbolization as well as posting • Mastering the paper and dissemination of outcomes of a GIS task.
• Present the application and information sources on the existing GIS market
• Learn electronic image processing techniques
• Become acquainted with particular performance on the GIS: "Spatial Analysis"
• Discover and utilize the web for publishing maps
Introduction to GPS, GIS as well as Remote Sensing Principles
• Principles of GIS as well as Remote Sensing
• Components of GIS Systems
• GIS Capabilities as well as Functions
• Spatial Data Infrastructure
• Introduction to Global Navigation Satellite and GPS
Data Acquisition: Using Mobile based GPS (ODK)
• Principles as well as concepts of GPS
• Introduction to Mobile Data gathering
• Getting started
• Survey Authoring
• GIS Mapping ODK collected data
• Online net mapping with Google maps
• Exporting to GIS /RS setting for more analysis
• Hosting the information online
Data Acquisition: Extraction of characteristic from various other sources
• Extracting information from Satellite images,
• Extracting information from internet GIS data sources
• Importing information to GIS
• Obtaining Data coming from topographic sheets
• Downloading Data from wide open street maps
Website Design and development
• Working with spreadsheets information in GIS
• Logical and conceptual database design
• Building as well as coding the attributes
• Digitizing and also scanning of maps
• Relating spatial plus attribute data
Management and editing of GIS
• Adding attribute to GIS data
• Reducing GIS data
• cutting areas of interest in picture datasets
• Transforming GIS data
Integrating Imagery as well as Remote Sensing into GIS
• Radiometric along with atmospheric correction
• Temporal normalization
• Geo coding and geo-referencing
• Signature development
• Supervised Classification
• Unsupervised Classification
• Change detection
• Accuracy assessment
• Creating themes and views
• Working with themes
• Working with feature tables
• Spatial analysis and query
• Working with charts
• Creating a map layout
• Digital Visualization and Cartography
Introduction to cartographic visualization as well as the mapping system
• Components of a map
• Map design
• Symbol design
• Name style and placement
• Concept of scale
• Map projections
• Data pre-processing techniques
• Thematic mapping;
• Digital mapping
Online Publishing of maps & GIS outputs
• Working with Google Maps and also Fusion Tables
• Publishing into many other online platforms
• Case study of an associated programme use of RS and GIS technology
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]