Climate Change Vulnerability Analysis
9th -13th Jan 2023
6th-10th Feb 2023
3rd-7th Apr 2023
5th -9th June2023
10th-14th July 2023
7th-11th Aug 2023
4th-8th Sept 2023
2nd-6th Oct 2023
11th-15th Dec 2023
This program was produced to guide preservation in addition to resource management practitioners in two components that are important within the design of climate adaptation programs. Especially, it's likely to offer assistance in identifying what projected changes will most certainly impact species or systems; and also comprehension why these supplies will probably be weak, just like the interaction between present stressors and climate adjustments.
Who Can Attend?
The target audience consists of some other conservation and conservation practitioner managers that are working hard on natural resource issues and there is need to determine which substances are very weak when establishing targets for conservation action.
Duration: 5 days
Individuals will understand how to design and understand natural resource attached climate control measures to help you develop resiliency and adaption. Specially, participants completing the system will be prepared to:
• Understand vulnerability evaluation inside the wider context of adaptation preparation along with other associated settings,
• Measure the various components influencing vulnerability and just how they're able to affect the ultimate result of vulnerability assessments,
• Identify and critiquing/evaluating the methods for doing a vulnerability evaluation and choose among the options
• Evaluate and comprehend the results of vulnerability assessments and determine next steps,
• Communicate the methods, and results functions of vulnerability assessments to others.
Launch on the impacts of local weather shift Introduction to extreme events and gradual changes of the weather; impacts on different natural and a managed systems/ sectors (ecosystem, agricultural, freshwater, urban infrastructure and society, and regions).
Introduction to the thought of vulnerability. Focused controversy on the vulnerabilities of countless ecological in addition to interpersonal methods, seaside vulnerability, specific issues for developing countries, reference tipping places within the Earth System.
Qualitative to semi-quantitative techniques to evaluate vulnerabilities and impacts. Discussion on prioritization of many adaptation options, to qualitative techniques of preference assistance, and also connections between adaptation and mitigation: trade-offs.
Introduction to the process, symptoms of adaptation, problems of its operationalization. Potential adaptation selections for issues of food security measures, energy security, and transport in developing as well as developed nations, combined with the borders of adaptation. Factors influencing adaptation strategies (technical, institutional, fiscal ) and constraints to creating techniques; consequences of adaptation strategies. Resilience to climate change possibilities
Practical/ Field feature /methodology Interaction with weather shift experts and make investigations and collect info, draw idea maps, etc. Later analyze results with many evaluation methods (network analysis, incorporating a system solution), as well to gain and test much adaptations means.
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]