Advanced Web Based Mapping Applications Using Open Source GIS Tool
11th- 22nd Jan 2021
1st- 12th Feb 2021
1st- 12th Mar 2021
5th- 16th April 2021
3rd- 14th May 2021
7th- 18th June 2021
5th-16th July 2021
2nd-13th Aug 2021
6th-17th Sept 2021
4th-15th Oct 2021
1st-12th Nov 2021
6th-17th Dec 2021
Do you wish to understand the way to create a web-based GIS application using open source GIS? If and so, this program is perfect for you. When you have this particular ability, the server of yours is going to display raster, vector and attribute info and conduct spatial analysis and also repository queries above the Internet.
GIS are methods which are created to shoot, check, store, and display information which is connected to roles on the Earth's surface area. GIS technology could be utilized to present numerous kinds of geographical details on the chart to be able to allow individuals to observe, analyze, and also comprehend different patterns in addition to the relationships of theirs.
The increasing freedom of GIS technologies would mean that they can be utilized in nearly every area imaginable and also by individuals from all areas of life. With sufficient education, both non GIS and GIS experts can reap far more advantages and notice the enormous applicability of GIS solutions in life that is daily. GIS is perfect for those working in e-government, e-science fields, and e-business.
• You will learn how to add Geoserver,
• Load GIS information into Geoserver
• Serve attribute, raster, and vector information online with GeoServer
• Serve data kept in PostGIS and Postgres along the Internet • Create a customer based browser application using OpenLayers 3.0
• Create an application which enables customer and also server interaction with GIS information.
Duration: 10 days
Who Can Attend?
This program is the most suitable for non-GIS people as well as experts, M&E experts, system administrators, database administrators, software engineers, planners, surveyors, geoscientist, cartographers, IT experts, Geographers, and also GIS beginners.
Module one - Web Mapping Technologies
• Introductions to principles of GIS plus web mapping
• Understanding key ideas in Web mapping
• Exploring QGIS as a wide open source software
• OGC net mapping Standards
• Kinds of web mapping Technology and the evolution of theirs
• Understanding Free as well as Open Source Software and the use of it's in web mapping
• Finding and sharing net maps on CartoDB
• Web GIS advancement cycle
• System design for web mapping
• Understanding spatial databases
• Tiled web map
• WMS service
• Write a page by using CSS and HTML
Designing web services and maps
• Analytic web maps
• System design for web mapping
• Elements of a net map
• Collaborative web maps
• Animated plus real-time
• Static web maps
Reading Data from the different Data source
• Reading Points from an XML file
• Converting design documents to XML
• Geocoding and also reverse geocoding
• Adding Sidebars
• Using the Fusion Table as Data source
• Mapping your very own data
Processing spatial details with Open Source Software
• Processing raster information set with GDAL and QGIS
• Understanding data formats for using in web mapping
• Geoprocessing and also projecting vector data with OGR and QGIS
• Processing spatial data with Free Open supply Software
Querying and drawing maps on the server by using Web Map Service
• Dynamically drawn chart services
• Basic and experienced symbolization and hair styling with a WMS
• Introduction to fundamentals of Open specifications for net map services as well as WMS specification
Designing Tiled Maps Using Free Open Source Software
• Determining to construct and maintain tiles
• Introduction to Concepts of tiled maps
• Creating flooring with GeoServer applying GeoWebCache
• Strategies for producing and serving map tiles
• Creating flooring with Mapnik applying TileMill
Module four - Putting layers collectively by the use of a net mapping Google Maps API and API
• Introduction to net mapping API
• Overlaying WMS on tiled maps with OpenLayers
• Examining OpenLayers examples
• Programming patterns with net mapping APIs
• Introduction to google maps
• Adding Makers to Google maps
• Creating Custom Web maps without programming
• Building Google maps/ customization
• Orientation to Google maps API
Web-based information editing
• Dealing with vector KML
• Drawing vector levels on the prospect side
• Symbolizing vector levels in OpenLayers
• Dealing with GeoJSON
• GIS evaluation on the web
• Adding active GeoJSON layers in OpenLayers
Exploring available data, and VGI crowdsourcing
• Ways of opening data
• OpenStreetMap and the application of it's in open data
• VGI and also crowdsourced projects
• Downloading source information from OpenStreetMap
• Mapping social networking data
Publishing maps utilizing open source software program (GeoServer)
• Overview GeoServer
• Configuring and installing Geoserver
• Creating Geosever
• The GeoServer Interface
• Data querying inside GeoServer
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]