GIS For Monitoring & Evaluation Course
25th -29th Jan 2021
22nd-26th Feb 2021
22nd-26th Mar 2021
26th-30th Apr 2021
24th-28th May 2021
21st-25th June 2021
26th-30th July 2021
23rd-27th Aug 2021
20th-24th Sept 2021
25th-29th Oct 2021
22nd-26th Nov 2021
27th-31st Dec 2021
GIS is a procedure employed for assembling, holding, displaying and manipulating geographically referenced info, i.e., data determined based upon the their areas.
The training on GIS for monitoring and evaluation is geared towards helping participants in checking and evaluating activities of projects meant to help M&E systems for sustainable projects and programs.
Presenting details in the kind of a chart allows you to recognize the significance of only exactly where, when, what about addition by whom. Through the usage on the GIS to link information from numerous programs the instructions is apt to be successful, and simple to recognize the individual shows better. Spatial analysis techniques will assist with going results methods.
Who Can Attend Training on GIS for monitoring and Evaluation?
The course is made for reps from authorities, undertaking teams, NGOs, bilateral organizations and multi-development, consultancies, etcetera, which are often used as project managers along with directors, technical specialists, monitoring and evaluation specialists, and researchers.
• Understand Monitoring & Evaluation -M&E Systems
• Understand important aspects in Gis and M&E
• Learn to produce an M&E GIS System
• Discover the performance of M&E information management systems
• Learn the right way to obtain information by using mobile phones and GPS
• Learn the method to assess M&E specifics with GIS techniques
• Learn how to incorporate GIS in M&E activities
Topics Being Covered
Module 1: An Overview of GIS Monitoring & Evaluation
- Introduction to M&E
- Key components of M&E
- Basic GIS Concepts
- GIS Software; the General Overview
- Open Source GIS Software
- Module 2: New technologiesutilized in project M&E
- Mobile phones in M&E
- GPS devices and M&E
- Participatory videos for M&E
- Supporting bottom-up learning
- Making real-time M&E a reality through ICT
- Examples of M&E systems incorporating GIS
- Module 3: The GIS Interface
- The QGIS Interface
- Adding Vector Data
- Exploring the Map View
- Exploring Features
- Adding Raster Data
- Saving Your Project
- Module 4: Geographical Analysis of M&E data
- Creating New Project from Existing One
- Geoprocessing Shapefiles
- Joining and Mapping Attribute Data
- Plotting Coordinate Data
- Running Statistics and Querying Attributes
- Drawing Buffers and Making Selections
- Screen Captures
- Module 5: Thematic Mapping of M&E data
- Transforming Map Projections
- More Geoprocessing
- Creating Calculated Fields
- Classifying and Symbolizing Data
- Designing Maps
- Adding Labels
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]