Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems
3rd -7th Jan 2022
7th-11th Feb 2022
4th-8th Apr 2022
6th-10th May 2022
4th-8th July 2022
1st-5th Aug 2022
5th-9th Sept 2022
7th-11th Nov 2022
5th-9th Dec 2022
The main aim of this courseon multi hazard early warning systems assists individuals and their organizations to develop as well as put into action Early Warning Systems. This program is going to help participants create an early warning devices and risk management programs tailored to the requirements of every organizations
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
• Apply emerging new generation climate prediction tech for anticipating and management of disaster risks associated with climate change & variability
• Design and implement community based earlywarning systems that are people centered
• Develop tools for early warning audits
• Understand operational mechanisms and procedures for the forecast, monitoring and response to warning
• Perform risk assessment and design of multi-hazard early warning systems for reduction of disaster risk
Who Can Attend?
The teaching is designed for management teams working in Community Members, NGOs, and government agencies operating in governments, financing organizations, and research & non-government groups for Other Development and emergency response programmes.
• Establishment of initial warning systems
• Risk info in emergency preparation and warnings
• Hazard Monitoring, forecasting, along with mandates for warning development
• Development of easy to understand, authoritative, timely and recognizable warnings
• Warning dissemination mechanisms
• Emergency preparedness as well as response activities
• Disaster risk control user community
• Operational framework of initial warning systems
• developments in prevention and emergency preparedness
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]