Emergency Planning & Management Course
3rd -7th Jan 2022
7th-11th Feb 2022
4th-8th Apr 2022
6th-10th May 2022
4th-8th July 2022
1st-5th Aug 2022
5th-9th Sept 2022
7th-11th Nov 2022
5th-9th Dec 2022
Comprehensive understanding of the problems that underlie a lot of the daily issues experienced by practitioners in the area of emergency preparation and control is vitally important in these times where crisis situations of different sorts are very typical. Time is important in a crisis besides comprehensive planning, effective strategies and clear communication save lives and also limit disruption. This understanding, including just how such problems might be tackled in training, is essential to be able to boost the amount of resilience of specific organizations, and the usefulness of the incorporated emergency management of disruptive problems to the entire planet economies/ societies. This program blends academic research with experiential learning of most effective practice to educate you about disaster preparedness as well as response and also creates experts that are prepared to cut grass This program provides lessons in the basics of the emergency preparation process, like the rationale behind preparation. You are going to have the chance to have interaction with our seasoned facilitators which bring professional and research experience into their training.
DURATION: 5 Days
Who Can Attend
The course is created for personnel involved in emergency response that are interested in building a good emergency planning framework. Staffs in public, private and charitable companies engaging in emergency preparation and management
Upon conclusion of the program, individuals will:
• Gain understanding required for working on emergency scenarios.
• Develop the skills necessary to handle the reaction to different crises ( Civil, technical incidents, natural disasters and transport accidents among others)
• Come up with early warning system customized towards the requirements of specific organizations
• Examine the sorts of programs and items which can be purchased or developed to incorporate info into forms helpful for them making choices at different levels, and
• Set up alternatives to guide people in their business against various dangers of various time scales.
Topics To Be Covered
• Disaster theory
• The components of an early warning system
• End-to-End Early Warning System (EWS)
• Business continuity management;
• Disaster and Emergency planning;
• Integrated emergency management training and issues
• Research style as well as methods;
• Risk assessment
• Risk Communication
• RS and GIS, and science services;
• The management of environmental and natural disasters;
o Contingency Plans
o Development of Decision Support Tools
o End-to-End EWS Framework as well as the Elements of its
o Hazard Forecast Based Risk Estimation Analysis
o Hazard Identification Process
o New Hazard Paradigm
o Organizational Preparedness
o Risk Analysis & Management
o Risk Communication Process as well as Tools
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]