Training on Prevention & Awareness Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
9th -13th Jan 2023
6th-10th Feb 2023
3rd-7th Apr 2023
5th -9th June2023
10th-14th July 2023
7th-11th Aug 2023
4th-8th Sept 2023
2nd-6th Oct 2023
11th-15th Dec 2023
Sexually transmitted diseases (STD) comprise a significant cause of mortality and morbidity worldwide, especially in developing countries. The public health importance of theirs draws from the complications of theirs that disproportionately impact newborns and women, the reproductive health consequences of theirs and also the point that the transmission of HIV. is facilitated by them. Nevertheless, all STDs are most and preventable is relieved. Effective STD case management will be the foundation for STD influence through busting the chain of transmission from infected to noninfected persons.
The goal of this program is providing useful instruction to individuals of functional level health workers that are likely to do STD case management in the facilities. Its purpose is providing with abilities to train clinicians within the syndromic managing of STDs, provide counseling as well as community training about STDs. It also offers useful info to prepare, perform and evaluate STD training. The knowledge gained in this particular training is going to aid participants to boost awareness on STDs
Who Should Attend
This training program is for clinicians as well as service providers whose first-level diagnosis is included by normal duties and treatment of individuals and those that are working as outreach providers, educators or counselors at any first contact health facility. To make a good episode on the STI pandemic, it's crucial that all such staff be trained as fast as you can.
The training might also be of worth to far more skilled staff who'll be engaged in the management or maybe administration of clinics and medical services.
• Summarize the epidemiology of the most popular genital sexually transmitted illnesses (STDs).
• Describe the modes of transmission of genital STDs.
• Explain the concepts and approaches for the avoidance of STDs.
• Discuss analysis techniques for sexually transmitted diseases.
• List the treatments for each of typical STDs.
• Describe safeguarding against STDs for victims of sexual assault.
• Discuss the training of individuals and the partners of theirs in danger for contracting STDs.
Topics To Be Covered
• Diagnostic, Prevention and Treatment of STDs
• Health Education plus Communication Skills
• Sexual assault evaluation and aftercare
• STD information and reporting
• General introduction of STI
• Epidemiology and division of STD
• Common genital STD
• Organisms that leads to genital STD
2. Prevention, Treatment, and Diagnostic of STDs
• General Diagnostic & symptoms
• Treatment of STDs
• Public health avoidance of STDs
• Practical program
3. Heath Education plus Communication Skills
• Effective interaction with clients
• Barriers to highly effective communication associated with STI
• Health education. Compliance to treatment
c. Contact tracing as well as treatment
4. Sexual Assault Examination as well as After Care
• Introduction to various versions of care
• Describing injuries accurately
• The law associated with sexual assault
• STD safeguard for victims of sexual assault
• Emotional/psychological facets of STDs
5. Designing the STD Control Program
• Programme designs
• Programme monitoring as well as evaluation
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]