Training on Prevention & Awareness Of FGM
13th- 17th Jan 2020
17th-21st Feb 2020
16th-20th Mar 2020
20th-24th Apr 2020
4th-8th May 2020
18th-22nd May 2020
15th-19th June 2020
13th-17th July 2020
17th-21st Aug 2020
14th-18th Sept 2020
12th-16th Oct 2020
16th-20th Nov 2020
14th-18th Dec 2020
FGM is a phrase today frequently famous for the common methods regarding injury or removal of part or perhaps the majority of the external genitalia of girls and women. It does not include genital surgery completed for medically given reasons.
Traditions will be the traditions, values, and beliefs of a neighborhood that will govern and influence people's behavior. Taboos typically guide traditions, &amp; they are not easy to change. People stick to these patterns of conduct, contemplating they are the correct things to do.
Duration: Five Days
Who Should Attend?
Health officers, public health, and nurses, community wellness extension workers, job officers doing work in communities that practice FGM
By the realization of the instructions, the participants need to have the capacity to one.
Understand basic information concerning female genital mutilation, its health effects along with the cultural traditions that underpin it.
Gain skills and also knowledge applicable on the process for reaching out towns because of the protection against FGM along with methods for involving various community groups, men, e.g., women, children and youth and community leaders.
It is able to in addition concentrate on the sincere, legal and human rights ramifications of FGM.
1. FGM Introduction
• Analyzing as well as influencing traditions
• background and Description of FGM
• Complications of FGM
• Professional ethics and also legal ramifications of FGM
• Human rights as well as FGM
2. Community Involvement in Prevention of FGM
• Beliefs, and values attitudes
• Attitudes, and values towards FGM
• Strategies for involving communities, families, and individuals in the protection against FGM
• Strategies for about political and federal leaders in the protection against FGM
3. Management of Victims with Complications
• Assessment to determine physical problems of FGM
• Management of clientele with bodily complications of FGM
• Using counseling skills
• Identifying sexual and psychosocial problems
• Management of sexual and psychological issues
• Family planning use within the presence of FGM
• Type III FGM
4. Management of Preganant Women Who Have Gone Through FGM throughout Pregnancy, the Postpartum, Delivery and Labour Period
• management and Assessment of pregnant women with complications as a result of FGM
• Obstetric complications as a result of FGM during delivery and labor
• management and Assessment of females during delivery and labor, and postpartum
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]