Training on Life Skills Training
20th -20th Jan 2023
13th-17th Feb 2023
15th-19th Apr 2023
22nd-26th May 2023
26th-30th June 2023
21st-25th Aug 2023
18th-22nd Sept 2023
20th-24th Nov 2023
4th-8th Dec 2023
Life skills are already defined as the capabilities for positive and adaptive behaviour that allows people to deal efficiently with the challenges of daily living (WHO).
Adaptive means that an individual is versatile in strategy and can change in circumstances that are different. Positive behaviour means that an individual is forward-looking and maybe even in situations that are difficult, can locate a ray of opportunities and hope to find solutions.
Life skills include interpersonal skills and psychosocial competencies that help individuals make informed decisions, resolve problems, think creatively and critically, communicate effectively, construct relationships that are healthy, empathize with other people, and manage the lives of theirs productively and healthily. You will find two types of abilities - all those associated with believing termed as "thinking skills"; as well as abilities associated with coping with others called "social skills". While thinking skills connect to reflection at an individual level, interpersonal skills are included by social skills and don't always depend on thinking that is logical. It's the mix of these two types of abilities which are essential for accomplishing assertive behaviour as well as negotiating effectively. "Emotional" can be regarded as a skill not only in making logical choices but also in being ready to make others decide to one 's purpose of perspective. To accomplish that, coming to terms initially with oneself is crucial. Thus, self-management is an essential skill like managing/coping with thoughts, emotions, stress and resisting peer and loved one's stress. People that are Young as advocates require social skills and both thinking for harmony building as well as advocacy on issues of matter.
Duration: Five Days
Who Can Attend?
It is a personal development program which is going to benefit all people through building their independence and confidence to allow them to reach the potential of theirs.
The goals of this particular education are providing abilities which allow participants to deal with the challenges of daily life, develop self-confidence, and also promote critical thinking, promote independence, and also assist others to talk a lot more efficiently.
• Who do you think you're?
• What is living skills?
• Working in teams
• Setting expectations
• Earning and giving respect
• Identifying weaknesses and strengths
• Clarifying values
• Avoiding stereotypes
• Developing personal power
• Coping with emotions
• Coping with stress
• Understanding nonverbal messages
• Being assertive
• Expressing opinions constructively
• Critical thinking
Decision Making Skills
• Making choices - small and big
• Gathering info
• Identifying options
• Weighing consequences and options
• Making a decision
Envisioning and Goal Setting
• Defining goals
• Stepping stone goals
• Taking action
Managing Personal Resources
• Developing a good attitude
• Being accountable
• Handling stress
• Managing the time of yours
• Taking the initiative
Problem Solving Skills
• Defining problems - small and big
• Identifying options
• Considering the cons and pros
• Finding solutions
Peaceful Conflict Resolution
• Understanding conflicts
• Identifying emotions in issues
• Controlling emotions in issues
• Using communication abilities efficiently
• Creating a win-win scenario
• Resolving conflicts
Planning for the Future
• Adapting to change
• Handling pressure from peers three
• Getting along
• Playing by the guidelines
• Presenting yourself
Cv and interview Skills writing
• A sample of curriculum vitae
• Guidelines to cv writing
• Preparing for an interview
• Presenting yourself inside an interview
• Basic personal hygiene
• Healthy eating and eating disorders
• Importance of actual physical activities
• Drugs as well as substance abuse
• Impact of behaviour alteration of wellbeing and health
Using the Skills
• Getting started
• Designing an action program
• Taking action
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]