Training on Improving Health & Nutrition
1th-15th Jan 2021
8th- 12th Feb 2021
8th- 12th Mar 2021
12th- 16th Apr 2021
10th-14th May 2021
14th-18th June 2021
12th-16th July 2021
9th-13th Aug 2021
13th-17th Sept 2021
11th-15th Oct 2021
13th-17th Dec 2021
While many individuals realize that great nutrition is crucial in assisting us really feel our best and talk to our optimum health; finding some time to consume a healthy diet on a regular basis appears a formidable undertaking in this busy, affluent society. The best part is that by taking control of the diet of yours, you can enhance the health of yours while decreasing the risk of yours of lifestyle diseases including cancer or heart disease.
Proper nutrition is thus one of several keys to health that is good. This 5-day training is geared towards creating healthier towns by filling in the spaces between health and nutrition.
Duration: 5 days
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for different people within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming policy and officials makers) working with towns, in governments, financing organizations, Public Health Officers, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programmes.
By the conclusion of the program, learners will have the ability to:
Demonstrate a functioning understanding of the basics of nutrition and the way they relate to overall health and exercise performance.
• Understand the effect of lifestyle on wellness, and the methods one can easily alter lifestyle to affect the disease or even promote health.
• Establish nutrition problems, prescribe therapeutic diet programs, and also give preliminary counseling on particular nutrient requirements.
• Implement preventive nutrition and health maintenance care.
• Use medical nutrition cures (such as nourishment evaluation strategies, behavioral counseling) for individual self-care in which desirable.
• Create and evaluate a comprehensive informative as well as instructional nourishment tool or maybe a care plan program using appropriate technologies.
Basics of nutrition
• Balance diet
• Healthy eating
• Nutritional requirements
• Dietary disorders
• Healthy lifestyles
Clean water, hygiene and sanitation in community food systems
• Health as well as hygiene responsibilities of meals handlers
• Food hygiene and the environment of its
• Safety and food preparation
• Food processing as well as labeling
• Food and medications administration
• Hygiene diseases
• Food hazards
General requirements and food safety practices
• Food safety programs
• Interpretation and application
• Food handling controls
• Food defense as well as emergency response
• Food security for vulnerable populations
• Nutritional education and counseling in rural areas
Cross-Cutting problems in nutrition and health
• Climate-smart food systems for enhanced nutrition
• Health as well as agriculture development
• Multi-sectoral approach to vitamin health development
• Improving the job of public health institutions
Monitoring and Evaluation of nutrition and health interventions
• Planning of nourishment health interventions
• Implementation of nourishment health interventions
• Evaluation of nourishment health interventions
Technology program in health & nutrition promotion
• ICT and Mobile technology program in nutrition and health
• Integration of RS and GIS in nutrition and health
• Food biotechnology and appearing food diseases
• Nutritional biostatistics, decision and data analysis making
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]