Training on Health System Decentralization
15th to 26th Jan 2024
12th to 23rd Feb 2024
18th to 29th March 2024
15th to 26th April 2024
20th to 31st May 2024
17th to 28th June 2024
15th to 26th July 2024
19th to 30th Aug 2024
16th to 27th Sept 2024
14th to 25th Oct' 2024
18th to 29th Nov' 2024
9th to 20th Dec 2024
The sustainable development goals aim at ensuring good lives and encouraging the well-being for all whatsoever ages; to achieve these, it's crucial to strengthen health systems and empower health workers. Health system decentralization is advocated as a desirable practice for improving overall health systems. Lately, it's been seen as an integral component of broader health reforms to improve the health system and also obtain improved financial, quality, efficiency, and equity soundness. Nevertheless, we're currently suffering from a premier down approach in the overall health system where nearly all decisions, policies & advancements are created through the central government.
Based on Gilson et al. 1994, country-study and anecdotal evidence confirms that poorly developed and hastily applied decentralization has severe implications for overall health program distribution. However, active participation of overall health supervisors in the decentralization layout, specific national resource allocation requirements and also wellness service norms, plus a continuing capacity and training building of supervisors are important for guarding quality and equity as well as for enhancing efficiency in overall health service delivery. This program on health system decentralization is going to empower frontrunners within the counties, districts, local government, and cities making choices cultivate sustainable policies and function as the catalyst of drivers and change of development.
Who Can Attend?
Managers, leaders of health bodies, supervisors
By the conclusion of 10 times, individuals shall be equipped with knowledge and skills to meet challenges experienced during decentralization. The problems encountered during designing, managing and implementing a decentralization changeover these include: financial, strategic, as well as quality management, checking and evaluation needs assessment and teambuilding and prioritization. The very first week is going to address the policy amount process, evaluating requirements of a particular neighborhood and also establishing top priority while the next week will concentrate on improving management abilities within the context of decentralization.
1. Introduction to Decentralization Framework
• Definition of terms
• Case study: failure and success
• Policy frame succeed formulation
2. Require assessment plus prioritization i. Need Assessment
• Assessment preparation
• Design and planning
• Data collection
• Analysis and reporting
• Prioritization requirements
• Prioritization scales
• Prioritization primarily based on worth, cost, and risk
3. Strategic Planning
• Introduction to strategic planning
• Attributes of a great preparation framework
• Components associated with strategic planning
4. Leadership and team building
• Understanding the difference between organizational leadership and personal leadership
• Planning and development process
• Understanding the performance progression and accountability
• Creating guidance and also appraisal process
• Improving issue analysis as well as decision making
• Recognizing human potential
• Employing a delegation process
• Handling mistakes
• Striving for constant improvement
5. Quality Management
• Introduction and definition
• The benefit and purpose of the quality system
• The seven quality principles • Introduction towards the ISO 9001 standard format and its requirements.
• Introduction to the process and management systems approach.
• General needs • Implementation phases on the ISO 9001 standard.
• Conducting an ISO 9001 inspection.
6. Financial planning as well as Financing Mechanism
• Revenue collection
• Finance and also expenditure overview
7. Theory of Change found a relation to decentralization
• Change theory
• Outcome framework
• Identifying assumptions
• Identifying indicators
• Designing interventions
• The output of the principle of change
8. Organization Change: Decentralization contained Healthcare
• Define organizational framework along with its fundamental components.
• Describe matrix, boundary significantly less, and mastering groups.
• Describe how and why businesses change.
• Understand reasons as to why individuals resist change, and methods for planning and carrying out change effectively.
9.Decentralization and Human Resource
• Distribution of human being resources
• Regulation of Human resources
• Human Resource Management
• Future trend
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]