Training on Diseases Surveillance & Reporting
17 -21 Jan 2022
14th-18th Feb 2022
14th-18th Mar 2022
23rd-27th May 2022
18th-22nd July 2022
22nd-26th Aug 2022
19th-23rd Sept 2022
14th-18th Nov 2022
19th-23rd Dec 2022
Reoccuring occasions with a possibility to bring about disease outbreak are still a continuous threat to worldwide health security. In many developing nations, public health professionals, as well as neighborhood health personnel, are supporting programmes and initiatives like polio eradication, eradication of guinea worm, trachoma management, incorporated neighborhood situation when managing, maternal and paediatric health system, and timely response and warning to public overall health crisis situations. In certain places, structures aren't functional or continue to be being designed to identify, prevent and react to the public health functions.
Duration: 5 Days
Who Can Attend
The program is designed for scientists, clinical officers, public health staff, and fitness professionals, epidemiologists, from private and public institutions that have to enhance the skills of theirs on reporting and surveillance of public health associated affairs.
Participants are going to be trained on surveillance of both noninfectious and infectious illnesses, how disease gets notable, and how you can create and assess the surveillance system. This program will take a look at how GIS can be utilized to identify outbreaks of illness.
Topics Being Covered
Module one: Introduction to health condition surveillance
• Define public well-being surveillance and also describe the components of its
• Identify various data sources for surveillance as well as checking health status for a given population
• Establish public health goals for a population
• Demonstrate an understanding of how to assess and boost surveillance systems
• Steps of an outbreak investigation
Module two: Introduction to the surveillance system
• Definition of Surveillance System
• Types of surveillance systems
• Steps as well as Functions of Surveillance Systems
Module three: Surveillance Surveillance & outbreak investigation
• Introduction to GIS
• Infectious disease surveillance as well as GIS
• Outbreak searching as well as GIS
• GIS analysis & mapping techniques
Module four: Methods and sources of getting surveillance data
• Typical energy sources of data
• Analyzing as well as interpreting surveillance data
• Disseminating data
• Improving and evaluating surveillance
Module five: Reporting
• Reporting priority diseases
• When to report (thresholds)
• Evaluating reports
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]