Training on Climate Change & Human Health
3rd -7th Jan 2022
7th-11th Feb 2022
4th-8th Apr 2022
6th-10th May 2022
4th-8th July 2022
1st-5th Aug 2022
5th-9th Sept 2022
7th-11th Nov 2022
5th-9th Dec 2022
Climate modification is an emerging risk to global public health. The consequences of rising temperatures and much more extreme heat waves and floods are included by direct impacts resulting. Warmer temperatures and a far more variable weather can affect agricultural production as well as food availability, the accessibility of water that is clean and sanitation, and also the transmission of water-borne diseases and vector. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that local weather switch might be creating more than 150,000 deaths per year plus these risks are likely to increase considerably down the road. Increasing recognition of the linkages between weather & wellness is essential to getting filtering actions against climate-associated health risks.
Training course on Human Health and Climate Change will provide participants with the capacity to realize the linkages in between climate change and health and also provide them with tools and methods to manage the effect of climate change on wellness. Instances are drawn, whenever doable, from both created as well as developing nations and cases studies will perform as a foundation for learning
Duration: 5 Days
Who Can Attend?
Development experts from NGOs, agencies, donor organizations and government departments tasked with addressing the problems presented by climate change, along with other businesses, that are starting to tackle human health and climate change in their need and work to create their abilities even more in this specific place.
By the conclusion of the program, the participants shall be in a position to:
1. Understand the physicochemical time frame of anthropogenic climate change along with the dynamics of its
1. Raise consciousness of the influences of climate change on health, to prompt action for public health and wellbeing measures
2. Gain a clear understanding of the risks and also adverse effects of climate change on health
3. Be in a position to encourage as well as facilitate both behavioral shift and societal assistance for actions taken to lessen greenhouse gas emissions.
4. Provide leadership within supporting comprehensive and rapid approaches for mitigation and adaptation which will both enhance health and reduce vulnerability.
Topics to be Covered
• Introduction to health and climate
• Impact and risk evaluation techniques and tools
• Extreme Health and Weather
• Climate-sensitive diseases
• Public health and fitness responses to weather risks
1. Introduction TO Climate And HEALTH
• Introduction plus an introduction to climate change
• The physicochemical time frame of anthropogenic climate change along with the dynamics of its
• Weather, climate, climate variability, and climate change
o Overview of the impacts of climate change
2. Impact And Risk Assessment Methods And TOOLS
• Adaptation to local weather change
• Adaptation as weather risk management
• Analyzing the effects of water, climate and climate change
• Modeling the impact of climate change
• Estimating the concern of illness from climate change
• Methods and applications for climate risk assessment
• Developing adaptation plans
3. Extreme Weather And Health
• Temperature-related impacts
• Precipitation extremes: quite heavy rainfall, flooding as well as drought
• Natural disaster and also the trends of theirs
• Guidance plans for response and preparedness to extreme weather events
• Case analysis i. Northern Kenya
ii. Fiji (South Pacific)
iii. United States
4. Climate Sensitive Diseases
• Explain the idea of climate-sensitive diseases
• Describe health results linked to climate effects
• Identify mechanisms linking ecological conditions and health
• Food security as well as malnutrition
• Global change, human health, and air quality
• What makes people and populations vulnerable to the consequences of climate change?
5. Public Health Responses To Climate Risks
• Policy responses to handle the chances of climate change
• Public health adaptation to the well-being risks of climate change
• Early warning systems
• Role on the health sector in global climate change negotiations
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]