GIS For Natural Resource Management
3rd -7th Jan 2022
7th-11th Feb 2022
4th-8th Apr 2022
6th-10th May 2022
4th-8th July 2022
1st-5th Aug 2022
5th-9th Sept 2022
7th-11th Nov 2022
5th-9th Dec 2022
As biologists, foresters, petroleum engineers, miners, planners, hydrologists, environmental regulators, ecologists, botanists, and growers - you depend on GIS analytical power for assistance in making serious choices as you handle the earth 's online resources.
There's no easy solution to our natural and environmental resource issues, but whether habitats are being restored by you, growing plants, drilling for petroleum, or perhaps monitoring species that are endangered, there is an increase in optimism that use of GIS devices can help us come to be a far more sustainable world.
Who Can Attend?
Biologists, NGO personnel, Government officials working in conservation and environment, foresters, petroleum engineers, miners, planners, hydrologists, environmental regulators, and ecologists, botanists.
Duration: 5 days
The main point of the course would be the application of geo-info & earth observation methods meant for management of natural resources. This program provides trainess with knowledge as well as abilities required for management, interpretation, and the collection of spatial info, using GIS&RS, to help decision-making steps and planning in natural energy management. The training concentrates on ways for evaluating the state of the source base and also the improvements that happen and progresses towards the evaluation of impacts and, lastly, societal response.
Topics To Be Covered
- Introduction to GIS and Remote sensing and in Natural Resource Management (NRM)
- Collection of GIS data for NRM
- Analysis of the data collected
- Ground verification of data
Application of GIS on:
- Watershed management
- Determination of soil types and moisture content
- Land use analysis using GIS
- Slope information identification and analysis
Application of GIS in Biodiversity Management
- Flora and Fauna Management
- Conservation Biology and GIS
- Ecotourism and Community-based nature conservation
- Protected area management and conflict resolution
- Biodiversity conservation & eco-tourism
- Habitat Characterization and Management
- Wildlife economics and value chain
- Ecotourism planning, & entrepreneurship
- Landscape ecology, culture diversity & eco-tourism
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]