GIS For Natural Resource Management
30th- 3rd Jan 2020
3rd- 7th Feb 2020
2nd- 6th Mar 2020
6th- 10th April 2020
4th 8th May 2020
1st- 5th June 2020
6th-10th July 2020
3rd-7th Aug 2020
7th-11th Sept 2020
5th-9th Oct 2020
9th-13th Nov 2020
7th-11th Dec 2020
As biologists, foresters, petroleum engineers, miners, planners, hydrologists, environmental regulators, ecologists, botanists, and growers - you depend on GIS analytical power for assistance in making serious choices as you handle the earth 's online resources.
There's no easy solution to our natural and environmental resource issues, but whether habitats are being restored by you, growing plants, drilling for petroleum, or perhaps monitoring species that are endangered, there is an increase in optimism that use of GIS devices can help us come to be a far more sustainable world.
Who Can Attend?
Biologists, NGO personnel, Government officials working in conservation and environment, foresters, petroleum engineers, miners, planners, hydrologists, environmental regulators, and ecologists, botanists.
Duration: 5 days
The main point of the course would be the application of geo-info & earth observation methods meant for management of natural resources. This program provides trainess with knowledge as well as abilities required for management, interpretation, and the collection of spatial info, using GIS&RS, to help decision-making steps and planning in natural energy management. The training concentrates on ways for evaluating the state of the source base and also the improvements that happen and progresses towards the evaluation of impacts and, lastly, societal response.
Topics To Be Covered
• Introduction to GIS & Remote sensing and its relation to Natural Resource Management
• Collection of GIS information for NRM
• Analysing the information collected
• Verifying data
• Applying GIS on:
o Watershed management
o To Eradicate Desertification
o Determination of dirt types as well as moisture content
o Land usage analysis by using GIS
o Slope info identification along with analysis
• Application of RS and GIS in Biodiversity Management
o Management of Fauna and Flora
GIS and o Conservation Biology
Community-based environment conservation
Area control and conflict was Protected by o resolution
eco-tourism and o Biodiversity conservation
Management and o Habitat Characterization
o Wildlife economics as well as value chain
o Ecotourism preparation & entrepreneurship
o Landscape our environment, culture variety & eco-tourism
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]