GIS For Monitoring & Evaluation Course
13th- 24th Jan 2020
17th-28th Feb 2020
16th-27th Mar 2020
20th-1st May 2020
25th-5th June 2020
29th-10th July 2020
3rd-14th Aug 2020
14th-25th Sept 2020
26th-6th Nov 2020
7th-18th Dec 2020
The training on GIS for monitoring and evaluation helps project administrators apply GIS to observe and measure the activities of particular tasks in an attempt to record positive results, enhance sustainability and create workable solutions to issues found. Through this instruction, we are going to examine several ways one can create maps to explain, measure and show project outcomes.
By utilizing the GIS to link information from several programs the training is likely to make it possible to recognize the person shows better but additionally better understand the connection between the systems. Spatial analysis methods will even assist with deriving outcomes methods.
Who Can Attend
This program is created for reps from authorities, undertaking teams, NGOs, bilateral and multi-development organizations, etcetera, which are generally used as project managers & directors, technical specialists, consultancies, and M&E specialists.
Understand important concepts in Gis and M&E
Learn about the performing of M&E info management systems
Learn to gather information applying mobile phones and GPS
Learn to incorporate exiting M&E information with GIS
Learn to assess and visualize M&E details using GIS techniques
Discover how to incorporate GIS into monitoring and evaluation activities
Topics To Be Covered
Definitions and introduction of key ideas to M&E
Module one: M&E Refresher
• Introduction to M&E
• Key ingredients of M&E
• Challenges experiencing M&E Designing an M&E system
• Results chain as well as effect pathways
• M&E frameworks
• Theory of change
Module two: Relaying M&E results
• Developing a GIS incorporated communication method • Why is interaction essential in GIS?
• Presentation of findings/results
Module Three: Application of New technologies in M&E projects
• Mobile cell phones in M&E
• Participatory movies for M&E
• Supporting bottom-up learning
• Making real-time M&E a truth through ICT
• Examples of M&E methods incorporating GIS
Module four: Introduction to principles of GIS as well as remote sensing
• GIS software
• GIS system set up and setup
• GIS Data sources as well as types
Module five: Data collection methods in project management
• Using GPS
• Using GPS utility software program for managing and managing and downloading data
• Working with information from various sources
• Attributes manipulation in deep GIS
• Using Mobile Phones for GIS information collection(ODK as well as KoBoToolbox
• Importing GPS information to Quantum GIS
Module seven: Visualizing project data
• Understand chart layers in GIS
• Composing a GIS format from GIS layers
• Difference between a layout and a map
• Navigate maps
• Bringing tabular/spreadsheet information right into a GIS (Excel, Access, SPSS)
• Connecting visual map functions as well as tabular data
• Selecting subsets of chart capabilities from geoprocessing
• Finding map features
• Use data sorting data and labeling options to produce info
• Key components of a map
• Composing a map
• Case study
Module eight: GPS and GIS for M&E
• General Principles of Monitoring as well as Evaluation Systems
• Integrating Geographic Information Systems and m&e (GIS)
• Deciding whether M&E-GIS is Appropriate for particular projects
• Developing an M&E GIS System for projects
• Creating Maps Supporting Monitoring as well as Evaluation Systems
• Selecting GIS Software
• Defining the information Requirements and Key Indicators
Module nine: Data Collection
• Defining the Data Collection Process
• Creating and designing the data Input Table
• Map making
• Creating the Thematic Map
Module ten: Updating information in the M&E GIS system
• Getting Periodic Reports in the Field
Preparing monitoring as well as evaluation accounts /communicating results
• Preparing the Working Project Reporting Maps
• Case Study
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]