GIS For Health Sector Program Management Course
25th -29th Jan 2021
22nd-26th Feb 2021
22nd-26th Mar 2021
26th-30th Apr 2021
24th-28th May 2021
21st-25th June 2021
26th-30th July 2021
23rd-27th Aug 2021
20th-24th Sept 2021
25th-29th Oct 2021
22nd-26th Nov 2021
27th-31st Dec 2021
The social and physical environment which surrounds us plays an immensely important part in our wellbeing and health. The geography idea of' place' hence can't be dismissed in public health. Whether checking out the amount of environmentally friendly pollution, access to services or recreation, or maybe the patterns or maybe spread of disease, the regular platform for checking out spatial relationships and attributes between our health and environment are provided by Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Hence, the importance of the training on GIS for health sector program management.
An introduction is offered by this course to GIS for healtth sector and how it's applied in epidemiological research and public health. It is going to introduce pupils on the fundamentals including dealing with and integrating non-spatial and spatial data; spatial precision and geographic scale; decoding; visualization; thematic mapping; as well as comprehending spatial associations. Specific tools and skills are created about evaluating exposure to selection of environmental dangers.
Participants are going to apply their new abilities to one of many case studies in subjects on epidemiology, infectious disease or risk assessment. The program is going to offer a combination of lectures, demonstrations along with hands-on workouts within Quantum GIS (QGIS).
Who Should Apply?
Public health practitioners, students, risk assessors, exposure scientists, epidemiologists.
Duration: 5 days
By the conclusion of the program, the learner will - inside a public wellbeing context - have the ability to:
• Understand the fundamentals of spatial data and the role of its in decision making
• Undertake spatial evaluation of environment &health data
• Explain why geographic information &applications are essential for overall health decision makers
• Understand geography as being a unifying framework as well as GIS as something to collect, manage, visualize, analyze, link, and share information and info
• Distinguish between the different resources used to gather, analyze, and adjust geographic data
• Communicate with specialized experts to create program-specific products
• Integrate information of many geographic scales as well as spatial precision
• Visualize spatial data
• Investigate spatial patterns of health and fitness consequences as well as disease rates
• Produce thematic maps &reports
Topics To Be Covered
Geographic approaches to worldwide health
Introducing GIS in health care applications
• Define GIS
• spatial Data energy sources for HIV/AIDS along with other health-related issues
• National infrastructure for spatial data
• capabilities of GIS
• GIS for overall health applications
• Introduction to Quantum GIS(QGIS) as well as its operator interface
Spatial data collection methods for overall health applications
• Using GPS
• Using GPS utility software program for managing and managing and downloading data
• Using Mobile Phones for GIS information collection
• Importing GPS information to Quantum GIS
• Digitizing and also scanning of maps
• Using information from databases database management
Visualizing health data
• Understand chart layers in GIS
• Composing a GIS format from GIS layers
• Navigate a map utilizing zooming, , and panning bookmarks
• Connecting visual map functions as well as tabular data
• Selecting subsets of chart capabilities from geoprocessing
• Finding map features
• Use data sorting data and labeling options to produce info
• Key components of a map
• Case study
Designing maps for a health study
• Design and develop numeric scales for mapping attributes
• Symbolize numeric scales for polygons utilizing color ramps
• Symbolize numeric scales for areas applying size graduated point markers
• Map the connection of 2 variables
• Build expert map' layouts for reports and presentations
• GIS mapping of nearly all vulnerable populations (MARPS)
• GIS Mapping of wellness services and health resources
Geocoding tabular data
Mapping techniques and gis analysis
• Adding attribute to GIS data
• Prepare incidence as well as prevalence maps
• Investigate spatial patterns of poor and uninsured populations
Online Publishing of maps &GIS outputs
• Working with Google Maps and also Fusion Tables
• Publishing into many other online platforms
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]