GIS Disease Surveillance Monitoring Course
30th- 3rd Jan 2020
3rd- 7th Feb 2020
2nd- 6th Mar 2020
6th- 10th April 2020
4th 8th May 2020
1st- 5th June 2020
6th-10th July 2020
3rd-7th Aug 2020
7th-11th Sept 2020
5th-9th Oct 2020
9th-13th Nov 2020
7th-11th Dec 2020
This program is technically created to fit experts in job sector by imparting applicable skills that you can make use of GIS to conquer the main problems experienced during periods of an ailment outbreak, surveillance, plus monitoring. Trainees will get hands-on abilities in using GIS as something to take, manage, analyze, store, and imagine illness cases information which is geographically close.
Who Can Attend?
The program targets professionals that require skills and knowledge on the usage of RS and GIS in the organization in risk management field. Individuals are welcome from the broad range of groups such as physical planning, RS related firms, private GIS and professionals and institutions.
Upon conclusion of the program, the participants will have the ability to produce a vital understanding of the various parts of a GIS as well as the job GIS plays in solving animal and epidemiological health-related issues.
Topics to be Covered
1. Introductory GIS concepts
• GIS principles as well as terminologies
• Spatial information
• Introduction to Epidemiology concepts
• Introduction to GIS contained illness surveillance
• Installation of GIS system
• GIS software applications
2. GIS information sources, information collection & Risk mapping strategies
• Data options for disease information mapping
• Mobile data compilation using ODK.
• Data compilation using handheld GPS gadgets
• Integrating GPS along with ODK info into a GIS environment
3. Disease vulnerability assessment by using GIS
• Types and methods of risk evaluation, cost-benefit analysis, risk evaluation.
• Assessment of components at risk with GIS.
• Application of GIS within Multi needs evaluation in vulnerability evaluation.
• GIS within mapping illness leading to vector place and distribution
4. Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
• Creation of a risk map
• Disease monitoring
• GIS mapping of main concern public health problems
• GIS mapping of nearly all vulnerable populations
• Risk mapping
• Visualization of risk info
5. GIS for checking in public health and Epidemiology
• GIS in Progression and disease transmission mapping
• GIS as a choice Support System for Public Health Management
• Use of GIS in disease surveillance
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]