Training on Managing Diversity & Equality in the Workplace
15th to 19th Jan 2024
12th to16th Feb 2024
11th to 15th March 2024
8th to 12th April 2024
13th to 17th May 2024
1oth to 14th June 2024
15th to 20th July 2024
12th to 16th Aug 2024
9th to 13th Sept 2024
14th to 18th Oct' 2024
11th to 16th Nov' 2024
9th to 13th Dec 2024
The term "diversity" refers to any difference between two or more people.Differences in race, age, gender, disability, geographic origin, family status, education, social background, and so on may exist. The management of diversity entails the implementation of strategies that knit together a network of diverse individuals into a dynamic workforce.
Participants attending the program will:
- Develop a real understanding of the full range of the business case and how equality and diversity can contribute to the business success.
- Explore what we as individuals can do to lead change in Barclays and prepare ourselves to rise to the challenge.
- Learn how diversity and equality encourages compliance with legal requirements covering discriminatory workplace behaviour.
- Enable an organization to keep pace with social and demographic changes, such as increasing numbers of female, ethnic minority and older workers in the labor market.
- Employee recognition can lead to empowerment, motivation, commitment and competitive advantage for your organization.
- Encourage individual talents to strengthen the pool of human resources on which your company can draw.
- Understand how diversity management encourages employees to feel more valued and more content in their work, staff turnover is lower and savings on recruitment and training costs are made.
- How a diverse workforce is better equipped to serve a diverse customer base and diverse markets. It also facilitates entry into the global marketplace.
- How diversity management can create a flexible workforce, which can be more productive.
- How successful diversity management can benefit corporate image.
- Learn how diversity management can underpin an organisation’s social responsibility.
Who Can Attend?
This course is for strategists, managers, department heads, training specialists, training coordinators, trainers, HR or Learning & Development specialists.
Module 1 - Diversity & Equality Strategy
- Deciding a Diversity & Equality strategy
- Gaining top level support (convince them of the advantages of diversity management)
- The business and social cases for a diversity initiative
- Secure commitment to program accountability
- Assign financial and human resources to the program
Module 2 - Decide Program Goals
- The benefits/moral reasons of valuing and managing diversity
- Understanding the powerful value creating business drivers for making yours a reference organisation for equality and diversity best practice
- Reflecting the diversity of your society within our workforce and customer base opens opportunities for maximizing business potential and is a source of competitive advantage
- Managing diversity as a key leadership imperative (and a clear determinant of your ability to successfully future international acquisitions)
Module 3 - Employer of Choice
- Ensure that your organization is the meritocracy that it aspires to become
- Create an inclusive and productive environment where all feel valued and respected, skills are utilized and organizational goals are met
- Help attract and retain the best talent regardless of background
- Improve perceptions of fair treatment and opportunity, improving motivation and retention through clear and consistent values and behaviours
- Reduce costs through better use of hitherto undeveloped human resources
- Contribute to building a fact base of employee perception measurement and data
Module 4 - Manage the External Perspective
- Give your organization access to new markets and thereby deliver income earning opportunities
- Allow for more tailored services to diverse audiences
- Underpin brand development
- Improve customer perceptions
- Help give your organization a progressive image with key business influencers, including the media, the political audience and market analysts
Module 5 - Design your Vision (Charter) for Diversity & Equality
- Establish current levels of diversity management in your organization
- Conduct a gap analysis
- Identify areas where change is needed
- Write a diversity policy
- Compile a detailed diversity action plan
- Set the programme in motion, monitor and review
- Dos and don’ts for successfully managing diversity and equality