Management of Non-Governmental Organizations Course
16th- 27tht Jan 2023
13th- 24th Feb 2023
13th-24th Mar 2023
1st- 12th May 2023
3rd-14th July 2023
18th-29th Sept 2023
16th-27th Oct 2023
6th-17th Nov 2023
4th-15th Dec 2023
This course is aimed mainly at NGO staff members with management responsibilities, and also for individuals that want to create their skills and knowledge in planning for going into such positions. Training on management of non governemental organizations offers a critical introduction of the significant problems involved in NGO managing, with an emphasis on groups working in poverty-reduction and development in the grounded region.
Who Can Attend?
• Project and also programme managers
• Team leaders
• Newcomers to the nonprofit sector
• Consultants that perform assignments for NGOs.
• outline the distinct features of NGOs
• Provide an introduction to the problems facing NGOs as growth organizations
• Principal instruments and types in International Development Cooperation
• Understand the roles and challenges of NGOs in the development concerns of the community
• Provide a selection of equipment, skills, and techniques for the real managing of organizational learning, change, and strategy within NGOs.
• Familiarization with Results-Based Management
• Project management
• The process of inner assessments and also about using and primary criteria for external evaluations
• Selecting marketing and advertising resources for fundraising
• criteria of donor companies in supporting a project
• construction and make a grant proposal
• principles of communication that is good and negotiations
• Developing and leading a group plus resolve conflicts skills
• criteria for effective human resource management
Program Content on Management of Non Governmental Organizations
Module one: Understanding NGOs
• Stages of an NGO
• Factors necessary to create an NGO of quality that is good
• Require Assessment
• SWOT analysis
• Finding a legal status
Module two: vision, mission, principles, strategies
• NGO leadership as well as governance
• NGO mission as well as strategy
• Decide on high goals and strategies
• Vision designed on principles
• Gender policy
• NGO framework as well as systems
Module three: Building sustainability institutional
• Workshop technique
• Sustainability in Projects
• sustainability plus training people
• Building sustainability through powerful networks
• challenges to establishing a system
Module four: Managing People
• Building good structures
• Formal NGO
• Specialization among the staff
• developing and sustaining the principles
• Africa and western type of organizations
• NGO structure
• Improving employees functioning
• supervision/ assistance of the workers
• Building and sustaining a good board
• good group functioning
• institutional sustainability
Module five: Marketing
• nonprofit brand development
• setting up the funding requirements of the NGO
• Social media marketing
• organizations with funds
Module six: Managing and mobilizing financial resources
• approach to creating budgets
• job of budgeting
• Managing the money
• Managing scarce resources
• economic control
• important financial management
• Financial accounting as opposed to management accounting
• accounting rules
Module seven: The project cycle
• Monitoring as well as evaluating NGO performance and Identifying the real issues and needs
• Monitoring and evaluation
• key elements utilized in the evaluation
• keeping track of and analysis tools
• functionality indicators
• logical framework approach
• theory based evaluation
• formalised surveys
• rapid appraisal methods
• participatory methods
• influence evaluation
• 4 versions of impact evaluation
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]