Finance for Non-finance Professionals Course
16th- 27tht Jan 2023
13th- 24th Feb 2023
13th-24th Mar 2023
1st- 12th May 2023
3rd-14th July 2023
18th-29th Sept 2023
16th-27th Oct 2023
6th-17th Nov 2023
4th-15th Dec 2023
Financial knowledge and skills are fundamental to any managerial position. From understanding financial statements to analysing them, from cost impacts to variance analysis, from decision making to budgeting, this training on finance for non-finance professionals gives hands-on practical experience to non-financial managers to understand the concepts and techniques to help them in key decision-making areas, which in turn gives impetus to the bottom line of the business.
Financial information can give a clear picture of incidences that have happened, and a sound basis for forecasting future events. It can also display whether activities are cost-effective, whether objectives and targets have been met, and can be used to gauge and measure comparative performance and profitability.
Training on finance for non-finance professionals will empower you to be prepared to make more powerful and informed business decisions. From understanding the essence of cash flow to learning how to create value on a corporate level. This program covers all major principles of corporate finance.
Who should attend?
Directors, managers or anyone who uses financial information in the course of their work.
- · Understanding accounts
- · Understanding Financial Management
- · Understanding Financial Statements
- · Understanding Financial Ratios
- · Understanding Working Capital Management
- · Use of excel in finance
Course content for Finance for Non-finance Professionals
Module 1 – Basic Accounting Concepts
- · The Accounting Process
- · Cash Vs. Mercantile Accounting
- · Accrual Concept
- · Stock Valuation – FIFO Vs. LIFO
- · Types of Accounting
- · Revenue Recognition
- · Cap-ex. vs. Op-ex.
- · Understanding of Depreciation/Amortization
- · Tangible vs. Intangible vs. Capital W-I-P
- · Current vs. Non-current
Module 2 – Introduction to Financial Statements to Finance for Non-finance Professionals
- · Profit & Loss Account including OCI
- · Balance Sheet and SOCIE
- · Cash Flow Statement
- · Notes to Accounts
Module 3 – Financial Statement Analysis in finance for non-finance professionals
- · P&L Statement Analysis
- · Balance Sheet Analysis
- · Funds Flow Analysis
- · Ratio Analysis
- · Trend Analysis
- · Common Size Analysis
Module 4 – Working Capital Management
- · Concept of Working Capital
- · Managing Inventory and Trade Receivables
- · Managing Trade Payables
- · Budgeting and Working Capital Management
Module 5 – Capital Budgeting
- · Capital Expenditure Evaluation
- · NPV Technique
- · IRR Technique
- · Pay Back Method
- · Risk Analysis
Module 6 – Cost Management and Costing Techniques
- · Cost Concepts
- · Various Costing Methods
- · Breakeven Analysis
- · Costing Vs. Budgeting
- · Strategic cost management
Module 7 – Revenue Management
- · Revenue Recognition and possible revenue leakages
- · Revenue Vs. Trade Receivables
- · Revenue Vs. Trade Payables
- · Revenue Vs. Foreign Exchange Management
Module 8 – Introduction to IFRS
- · Introduction to the concept of Accounting Standards
- · Generally applicable IFRS
- · Discussion on Specific IFRS
Module 9 – Use of Advanced Excel to Finance for Non-finance Professionals
- · Assessing Financials with Formulas in excel
- · Advanced Functions in excel
- · Financial functions in Excel
- · Building Professional Charts in Excel
- · Working with Pivot Tables in Excel
- · Charts presentations in excel
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]