Training on Small-Scale Livestock Development and Extension
22nd to 26th Jan 2024
19th to 23rd Feb 2024
25th to 29th March 2024
22nd to 26th April 2024
20th to 24th May 2024
24th to 28th June 2024
22nd to 26th July 2024
26th to 30th Aug 2024
23rd to 27th Sept 2024
21st to 25th Oct' 2024
25th-29th Nov' 2024
16 to 20th Dec 2024
Human population and land use pressures are triggering expansion and intensification in most livestock production systems. Additionally, development of cropping into drier parts is compelling pastoral livestock production methods to relocate into yet more arid lands. As a consequence of these changes different pressures on the earth are developing and could emerge and, consequently, ought to be of concern.
Livestock make a crucial contribution to many economies. Furthermore, livestock diversify income and production, provide year round employment, and distribute risk. Livestock also create a significant capital reserve of farming households.
DURATION: 5 days
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This program is designed for different actors within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming policy and officials makers) working with towns, funding agencies, in governments, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programmes.
Upon completing this course, the trainees will be able to:
• Understand the food requirements and also feeds management for livestock
• Gain abilities on livestock health management
• Learn abilities on the materials required for launching a livestock related projects
• Understand numerous applications of the goods and also by products within the livestock production projects
• Gain abilities on technologies concerned in livestock production
• Gain knowledge regarding how to reinforce farmer involvement in livestock projects
- Planning for Livestock Development Projects
- Livestock Health and Nutrition
- Animal Production Extension
- Farmers' Institution Strengthening
- Role of Technology in Small Scale Livestock Development
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]