Agricultural Value Chain Development & Market Linkages
24th -28th Jan 2022
21st-25th Feb 2022
25th-29th Apr 2022
23rd-27th May 2022
25th-29th July 2022
22nd-26th Aug 2022
19th-23rd Sept 2022
21st-25th Nov 2022
19th-23rd Dec 2022
A value chain details the complete selection of activities which are needed to take something or maybe system from conception, from the intermediary phases of delivery and production to last consumers, and final disposal after use. In agriculture, it could be regarded as a set of procedures and passes from the inputs to output to processing, marketing and also to the final the consumer. It includes activities like design, marketing, production, support and distribution services up to the last customer.
Value analysis is essential in understanding markets, inter-organizational relationships, and crucial constraints that cut development and industry competition. Collaborating among the private sector as well as market actors to deal with value chain restrictions can lead to MBS which are renewable at the end which doesn't alter local markets. The program aims at leading participants toward the advancement of renewable value chains.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for different actors within the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior farming policy and officials makers) working with towns, funding agencies, in governments, Non-Government organizations and research organizations among others for Agriculture assistance activities along with other Development programmes.
By the conclusion of the program, learners will have the ability to: •Understand guiding concepts of value-chain programs which seek to enhance benefit and competitiveness MSMEs through sustainable market-based solutions.
•Design benefit chain development projects.
•Recognize the foundations of industry growth and benefit chain marketing.
•Enhance your analytic capabilities to establish market demands and determine competitive obstacles.
•Recognize the various roles which relevant stakeholders play in worth chains.
•Grasp intervention methods, the intervention types and also the key elements selection in value-chain growth.
•Identify the pros and cons of a value-chain strategy.
Topics to be Covered
Introduction to Value Chain Development
•Basic ideas in value chains
•Functions of value chains
•The significance of value chains
•Limitations of value chains
Value Chain Project Design Overview
•Value chain selection
•Value chain analysis
•Identification of new market-based solutions (MBSS)
•Identification of MBS facilitation
•Assessment of market-based solutions
•Structuring collaboration plus monitoring performance
•Practical instances of value chains in agriculture
Value-Chain intervention principle and the relationship of it's to
•Value chain finance
•Partnering with lead firms
•Local financial development
Risk Management and Identification in Value Chains
•Risk managing framework
•Application of the threat management techniques
Strengths & Constraints Analysis found Value Chains
•End industry analysis
•Value chain governance
Gender Engagement found Value Chains
•Gender analysis and value, services and agricultural markets chains
•Enhancing female's access to markets
•Influencing legal environment and the policy
Market Linkages within Value Chain
•Types of market linkages
•Principles for following market development procedure for enterprise development
•Identifying money-making markets
•Role of various stakeholders in value chains
•Factors impacting the achievements of linkages
•The enabling setting for market linkages
- All the participants should be conversant with the English language.
- All our courses involve a mix of one on one presentations, web based tutorials, group discussions, and practical exercises.
- All courses can be tailor made and adjusted to meet the client’s needs.
- We have a team of professional experts who work as professionals and trainers in their respective fields.
- Each participant will get an Uphilos Consultancy certificate, upon completion of each course.
- All our training sessions are held at Uphilos Center. For groups above five people we can train at any location in Kenya, above ten people any location within East Africa, and above twenty people at any location as per the client’s specifications.
- Participants will be responsible for their travel, dinner, airport transfers, and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation will be arranged upon request at a discounted price.
- All payments should be made two weeks prior to the training for better logistics. Proof of payment should be sent to [email protected]